C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Where to buy front discs?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
michaelb   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:59am
Member No: #14
We took the OSF wheel arch liner off yesterday to check the LDS return pipe for leaks. There was a small amount of dampness all right but nothing serious. I think I'll live with it.

What was a shock was feeling the condition of the inside faces of the brake disc. It is so rusted that flakes of rust have broken off leaving great big pits. My brother, who is a mechanic, told me to change them even though there's plenty of meat left in them. It looks like the calliper is only acting on the outer face, and not across the whole surface either - like the pads are too small for the disc.

I'm not impressed with Citroën UK, this car has been back to them umpteen times for wheel bearing replacement, new tyres, tracking, new steering arm, not to mention their famous approved used inspection. I can't believe this has only occurred recently and must have been obvious in all those visits. This is the first time I've taken this wheel off and we immediately saw the problem.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a good source? The local motor factors here in Dublin can get spurious ones for around EUR €70 a pair. I see eurocarparts.com does them for GBP £72. Any other suggestions?

And another thing - the brake wear indicator wiring has snapped off at the connector. Is this an MoT fail?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club