Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Damaged plastic panels on the underside (with pictures!)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Sevenman   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 01:21pm
Member No: #2241
The C6 has been behaving well for a few months, but I took to the local garage to have the suspension looked at due to a new and rather quiet noise from underneath.

It seems that it could be an anti-roll bar bush as one had some play. While I was underneath the car I saw that the underside had experienced some damage in the past.

There is one plastic cover apparently missing at the front, some damaged (cable ties are involved) and one to the side with a big hole in through which I can see part of the wiring loom. See the pictures below. I don't think the C6 is particularly low (compared to my other car...) so somebody has been careless.

Can anybody help me with information on:
  • Part numbers / diagrams to identify the broken pieces

• Whether any C6s are being broken? I am expecting that to be cheaper than new parts

The only other thing that worried me underneath was some of the hydraulics by the rear spheres. That looks very corroded, I hope it doesn't need work.

Hole in panel looking towards rear driver's side wheel

Hole closer up showing some of wiring loom. I am not sure how anybody could manage to make a hole like that

Looking to the front - panel missing?

Looking further back and damaged panels

Panel damage

Another picture

I don't like the look of this

Plenty of corrosion here. But as far as I can tell it works fine.
dalicro   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 03:12pm
Member No: #1932
Citropro on ebay sell used C6 parts. I've used them and they seem reliable. Email Mary on:

- e mail -

All the best

David
dalicro   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 03:17pm
Member No: #1932
Mmm - not sure why email address not displayed.
userpco   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 05:26pm
Member No: #622
dalicro wrote ...

Citropro on ebay sell used C6 parts. I've used them and they seem reliable. Email Mary on:

Citropro are currently breaking 2 C6's
E-mail Mary on citroenparts outlook.com
Peter
Sevenman   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 10:29pm
Thanks for the advice, I will get in touch with them.
e3steve   
Sat Feb 13 2016, 10:58pm
Member No: #1163
Picture "Panel damage" shows the plastic cover protecting the diesel additive tank.

The corrosion in last two pictures is pretty normal, from what I've seen during my three years of ownership!
gmerry   
Sun Feb 14 2016, 10:06am
Member No: #21
Hi all, in 2012 I posted pictures of my severely corroded rear spheres which were replaced due to the depth of pitting. The rear outer spheres are now in the same corroded state and await better weather before refitting (current an inch of snow on the ground). At the time, I took the step of tightly wrapping all exposed rear hydraulic joints with denso tape, see here

- Click Here -

probably now time to replace that denso and extend it to cover all the rear steel piping.

Regards
G
e3steve   
Sun Feb 14 2016, 10:37am
"Looking to the front - panel missing?" image - Yes, the forwardmost part of the engine undertray; it's about 60-80cm in width x 25-40cm longitudinally, relative to the vehicle.

"I don't like the look of this" image - Still not been able to glean the reason for the vacant bracketry! Any takers able to advise?
e3steve   
Sun Feb 14 2016, 10:41am
dalicro wrote ...

Mmm - not sure why email address not displayed.

Clicking on your link successfully opens my email client and populates the 'To' field with their Outlook email address...
Sevenman   
Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:03am
dalicro wrote ...

[l1nkhere]citroenparts@outlook.com[end of l1nk]

Interestingly, when I clicked on quote, I can see the e-mail address. I added the [l1nk] boxes to stop it from disappearing - it was just the address by itself before.

They can provide the plastic covers apart from the large front one - at £35 each.

e3steve wrote ...

"Looking to the front - panel missing?" image - Yes, the forwardmost part of the engine undertray; it's about 60-80cm in width x 25-40cm longitudinally, relative to the vehicle.

Can anybody provide a link to one of those parts diagrams that covers the underside? If I knew how to drive this site better I may be able to find it. That would help me to more clearly ID the parts, and also to

e3steve wrote ...

"I don't like the look of this" image - Still not been able to glean the reason for the vacant bracketry! Any takers able to advise?

As far as I can tell, everything about the car works (apart from the TPMS - But the wheels just have normal valves in). So not sure what it could be...

Anybody else have underside pictures?
e3steve   
Mon Feb 15 2016, 10:51pm
The large, engine undertray is identical to that of the Peugeot 407 and is usually on eBay from Nerobart for about £40, delivered.
gmerry   
Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:08pm
Member No: #21
Just to add to e3steve's reply, I have the Neobart undertray and it works and fits OK but has no sound insulation - unlike the original. I added a thick sound absorbing stickyback mat and that seems to work.

Regards
G
e3steve   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 08:19am
gmerry wrote ...

Just to add to e3steve's reply, I have the Neobart undertray and it works and fits OK but has no sound insulation - unlike the original. I added a thick sound absorbing stickyback mat and that seems to work.

Regards
G
Any chance of posting an image of your handywork please Gordon? Next time you drop it for any maintenance, of course; not specifically for a photo opportunity!
e3steve   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 08:25am
Under thirty quid now, btw: - Click Here -
Sevenman   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 08:46am
e3steve wrote ...

Under thirty quid now, btw: - Click Here -

That looks very good indeed, thanks for the link. But it doesn't list it as for the C6. Do we know if the part numbers are the same for C5 and C6?

I wonder if he has any more of the underbody parts. I am in work without much of a chance to look until much later C6 is obviously more important than work, but this report isn't going to review itself.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club