C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Passenger Mirror Issues

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
scrappydoo   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 02:33pm
Member No: #1724
Passenger door mirror doesn't tilt down in reverse but it adjusts perfectly with everything else. I've tried the usual procedure for activating it but it has proved fruitless. On lexia a "rear view mirror adjustment information incorrect open circuit - permanent fault" is logged.

Any idea where to look next?
321dave   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 04:00pm
Member No: #614
scrappydoo wrote ...

Passenger door mirror doesn't tilt down in reverse but it adjusts perfectly with everything else. I've tried the usual procedure for activating it but it has proved fruitless. On lexia a "rear view mirror adjustment information incorrect open circuit - permanent fault" is logged.

Hi Scrappydoo,
does it help/work, if you switch over control from the left mirror to say the right one on the drivers door switch? When you have reverse selected? See if you get a response then. I had a similar issue.

Kind regards
321dave
scrappydoo   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 05:14pm
Will try that, it works perfectly except for it not tilting in reverse. Seems strange though that Lexia sees this as an actual fault.
321dave   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 05:38pm
scrappydoo wrote ...

Will try that, it works perfectly except for it not tilting in reverse. Seems strange though that Lexia sees this as an actual fault.

Hi Scrappydoo,
my two wings mirrors do not drop down together, but if I switch the toggle switch on the drivers door left or right each mirror will drop down with reverse selected, but not the two at the same time strangely. I'm sure that they are both meant to drop down? Or maybe they don't for others? Not sure really! Maybe it's relate to the ABS fault/sensor cable issue?

Kind regards
321dave
cruiserphil   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 06:32pm

Member No: #38

Only the mirror selected will adjust for reverse. You'll notice if you leave the selector switch in the centre there is no mirror response to reverse.

Best regards,

Phil C.
e3steve   
Sat Nov 15 2014, 12:29pm
Member No: #1163
scrappydoo wrote ...

Mine had this fault. It was the mirror's failed feedback sensors. I think a new one is about GB£700.

Thanks to Hattershaun I acquired a new one that he'd accumulated and no longer needed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

If you're a proficient Mr Fixit you may be able to disassemble it and check for water damaged connections or busted wires?
321dave   
Sat Nov 15 2014, 01:40pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Only the mirror selected will adjust for reverse. You'll notice if you leave the selector switch in the centre there is no mirror response to reverse.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Ah right! Thanks Phil. That's a relief! One less problem to look into. Thanks again.

Kind regards
321dave
scrappydoo   
Sat Nov 15 2014, 02:25pm
Thanks for the info, might dismantle it and see if anything seems awry.
PercyPorcelain   
Sat Feb 07 2015, 09:50pm
Member No: #2027
What is best solution to jerky mirror action on start-up? Have massaged in some silicone grease but I'm still looking for that smoothness...
C6Dave   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 08:07am

Member No: #1
You need to spray it with Ferrasol, the grease won't be getting far enough in. Here's my post from 2010 on the issue: - Click Here -
Website
Norman   
Sun Feb 08 2015, 09:17am
Member No: #364
I wd40ed mine and it's still working ok

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club