C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Brake Fluid Change

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
joopajaa   
Thu Oct 04 2018, 09:10am
Member No: #3261
I had to quit the bleeding via diagbox since the on-screen advices were very badly written (I quess from fra - to eng to fin). The ABS pump sounded pretty bad depending how I pressed the pedal as asked on the screen.

Does someone know the right method for bleeding with diagbox (abs system bleeding it is I think)? Do you have to pump or just press the pedal? There was something like "pump 30-90sec" - if I do that I will need 10 liters of DOT4 to fill the hydraulics as the oil runs quite fast from the open bleeding screw (as told to open on-screen)

I guess I should never be suprized with complecity of the french engineer mind...
cruiserphil   
Thu Oct 04 2018, 10:38am

Member No: #38
Joopa,

I pumped the pedal when doing the secondary circuit bleed as instructed. The ABS pump does sound loud but that is normal. I can't remember how much fluid was used but it wasn't 10 litres or 5 litres.

As regards the technique I just followed the Diagbox instructions. I had the laptop beside me while bleeding and an assistant in the car doing the pedal work.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club