Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Thu Apr 18 2013, 09:25am

Member No: #86
Phil,

Yes it's good, that I can see the fault.

Shaun,

I know, seriously considering it, keep rereading this - Click Here -
Trainman   
Fri Apr 19 2013, 08:00pm

Well, confirmed as the rear EGR valve by the auto electrician, he's also indicated a rattling from the swirl valves.

Given that the price of the EGR valve is £221.92 + VAT it's looking more and more like the blanking plugs are going to get done.

I just need to find out what's involved with the swirl valves before it get's done.
Trainman   
Tue May 07 2013, 05:14pm

After some serious consideration, I've decided to replace the EGR and not blank it off. It's not been an easy decision, but as I don't plan on selling the car, I want it to work as it should.

So early June, She's going in to have a new valve, I could do it myself, i suppose, but I can't be bothered, plus I don't have the inclination (read lazy).
Hattershaun   
Tue May 07 2013, 07:34pm
Member No: #320
Good decision I'd say Steve, 'point & pay'.

Having had my rear one replaced and seen a front one replaced recently, both by Robert at B.L. Autos. He says it's a fiddly, awkward, time consuming job; they are my words not his!
The book time is 5 hours and mine, which was his first took all of that, having to dismantle half the engine!
ciao_chao   
Wed May 08 2013, 10:49pm
Member No: #518
Hattershaun wrote ...

Good decision I'd say Steve, 'point & pay'.

Having had my rear one replaced and seen a front one replaced recently, both by Robert at B.L. Autos. He says it's a fiddly, awkward, time consuming job; they are my words not his!
The book time is 5 hours and mine, which was his first took all of that, having to dismantle half the engine!

That probably would've been mine? It does seem a pig of a job.

Talking of EGR valves, and coking, have you guys seen that Terraclean thing? I wonder if it's of any use as a premptive measure to prevent this?
Trainman   
Thu May 09 2013, 07:02am

I'm off to deepest, darkest Cheshire this morning right into the middle of the Cheadle, wonder if I'll see another C6 I know there are couple in the South Manchester area.

I've also got a lead on an EGR valve, so I'll chase that up on the way home. I'm also calling in at the local dealer to get the RT4 firmware update, plus I've got to call at the indie to sort out a time for him to replace the EGR valve......
Trainman   
Sat Jun 01 2013, 10:22am

Got the C6 back yesterday, after having the EGR valve replaced, The indie did a cracking job and a bit of a deal as well. Came out at under £500 including part and that was the best part of £300 so I'm a happy bunny.

I've not really had chance to give it a good run, although driving to work this morning, she did feel a hell of a lot better, with no spluttering, stuttering or chugging. Mark has given me the old valve and it's covered in CR..... err.... muck

I've had SWMBO's Polo for most of the week, and whilst it's a little cracker around town... but it's not a Citroen.

Cosmetically, I need to get a couple of jobs done, Mark spotted a bit of rust on the NSR panel by the tail light and there's some lacquer peeling on the OSF wing, plus the powder coating on the wheels is cracking, so still jobs to do.
Trainman   
Sat Aug 03 2013, 06:59am

To say that I'm absolutely 'bouncing' would be an understatement, came home from work yesterday, parked the car on the drive and thought nothing more about the car, SWMBO and I went shopping and took her little 'go kart' as it wanted fueling, backing off the drive I noticed the front of mine, and there's a scrape along the front bumper, where some toe rag has obviuosly been to close and thought nothing of scaring my car.

I doesn't look to bad, but given that I've not so long had the front bumper resprayed, I'm livid. I'm going to have a proper look this afternoon, when I get back home. I'm hoping I can T-Cut the scrape out, if not, I may be calling on the services of a good friend of mine to sort it.......

pictures to follow.............
Trainman   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 08:37am

Last week, I got pulled over by to be told that I had no MOT, own fault, forgot all about it. Booked the car in for it's MOT and came back with a failure, needed two tyres which I knew were borderline and the NSF (Near Side Front) suspension bush needed to be replaced.

Had all that done and the car came back with a shiny new MOT and a fault It turns out that Wheel Height Sensor has gone, at first I thought it might be that the 'dog bone' had been fitted incorrectly as it can be fitted in either the high or low position. I got this from another forum - Click Here -

Yesterday, I spent a good hour or so, having a play round. If the 'dogbone' fits in the high position, then the front of the car sit's at the middle high position. If the 'dogbone' sits in the low position the front of the car goes onto the ground and won't rise.

I plugged the Lexia in and discovered that the wheel height sensor is showing a varience of 11% whilst the other 3 show 60% so I've ordered a new for Wednesday and we'll see what happens then.
cruiserphil   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 01:41pm

Member No: #38
Steve,

If the lower wishbone had to be removed to fit a new bush the suspension heights should be reprogrammed.

Regards,

Phil C.
Trainman   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 01:58pm

Phil, that's interesting, Can I do it with the Lexia? and if so do you know how?
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 02:11pm

Member No: #1
Suspension height setting is in this Technical guide Steve: - Click Here -
Website
Trainman   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 02:15pm

Thanks Dave, I'm going mad, never thought to look time to have a play when I get home.........
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 07:05pm

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

Thanks Dave, I'm going mad, never thought to look time to have a play when I get home.........

So did you get a ticket for no MOT?

Could have been a lot worse if they had checked the tyres as well by the sound of things

Oh and in the Tech Doc, don't panic at what it says at the start, just make your own gauge from a piece of scrap/cardboard/plastic
Website
Trainman   
Sun Aug 25 2013, 07:44pm

Yep, £60 lighter from the motorway, still as you say it could have been worse.

I've checked the settings and according to the technical documents the values are right, so I'm lost....... going to leave it until Wednesday, get the new part and get my local Citroen man to fit and sort it.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club