C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tyres - what's best now ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisHunter   
Thu Nov 24 2011, 09:21am
Member No: #188
Our's will need new tyres soon, all-round - it's had OEM Michelins on back & Michelins / Continentals / Pirellis on the front ... wear-wise, not much to choose between them, noise-wise also, on the front anyway ...

anyone any recommendations, please ??
Leo   
Thu Nov 24 2011, 09:58am
Member No: #94
Hi

New set of 4 Bridgestone Potenzas just fitted to mine - the ride seems significantly better than the previous Michelins but low speed road rumble seems worse. Curiously, the car seems quieter at speed. Anyway, I'm happy enough with them so far.

Leo
Ped   
Thu Nov 24 2011, 05:09pm
Member No: #82
Put Hancook V12s on mine. Fronts have only lasted about 10K, so I'm trying Falkens next.
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 24 2011, 07:15pm

Member No: #1
My Falkens on the front were still at 5-6mm after 10K but, tracking was out so the inside edges were badly scrubbed and nearly down to the cord.

I guess they were good for 18K+ if I had spotted the issue earlier
Website
gmerry   
Thu Nov 24 2011, 08:40pm
Member No: #21
Hi, I got 10k out of my Falkens, down to 4mm, now on the back (actually now in the back of my shed).

Regards

G
ecksem   
Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:13am
Member No: #626
After much reading on tyrereviews.co.uk and other sites I ordered 4x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymnmetric 2 from oponeo.co.uk which offered lowest price I could find. Ordered Friday morning they were on the lorry from Germany by 16.58 and arrived Exeter on Monday at 12.25. On the car by Tuesday mid-day to replace two worn out Bridgestones, a Falken and a Dunlop SP Sport. Immediately the ride is better and more precise and the comfort/noise level much improved. tyres are 245/45 R18 100 Y XL. I see the tyre has been chosen as best of the year in a motoring mag.
Gobxoy   
Wed Jul 04 2012, 05:33pm
Member No: #786
ecksem how are the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2s from oponeo.co.uk priced?

Do you have to then go and pay to have them fitted/balanced or have they got a network deal set up?

From November New EU tyre labelling comes into force (wiki link - Click Here - ) sofar I only found Michelin providing a label Continental and Goodyear mention, not labelling their products?

Michelin give this explanation on the new labelling - Click Here - worth a read, 3 decebels is twice as loud.

Michelin told me a few weeks ago that the OEM Primacy HP was discontinued and being replaced by the Primacy 3.

I've cobled a chart together for handy reference.

When other makers post their rating labels?????

So at least we will be able the compare the noise/wetgrip and economy.

Shame they didn't include wear/handling/aquaplaning etc. while they were about it.

ecksem   
Wed Jul 04 2012, 10:28pm
Member No: #626
The Goodyear are @£174 delivered and the Citroen recommended tyre depot charged @£17 for fitting and balancing, with care taken over the radio valves. So, an all-in cost per wheel of £191 - not the cheapest tyres to buy but from all I have read I'm going to be a happy bunny for quite a while. Other websites started at over £200 fitted, but could not offer early delivery. Hope that helps.
Dapprman   
Wed Jul 04 2012, 11:40pm
Member No: #710
Sounds remarkably cheap for F1 Eagles. I've been using them in various forms over the years on my MX5 and RX7, particularly when I was doing lots of track daying. Phenomenal dry grip, never been quite sure in the wet, but then the RX7 has to be driven on part throttle in heavy rain else the rear will step right out.
Gobxoy   
Sat Jul 07 2012, 04:41pm
Member No: #786
Hi Guys

Here's a link that has more of those lables - Click Here -

I made a quick guide, those "Eagle F1 Asymetric 2" look good, but I think there will be more comimg out with improved low rolling resistance as new tyres are introduced.

The Dunlop SPORTMAXX RT worth a look on low noise?

The prices are all from same source, free delivery so plus fitting?

Anyway it's a start.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club