C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Long first post, sorry

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
RedRay   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 07:32pm
Member No: #103
Hello from Manchester, am an old boy and have worked in the Car Audio and aftermarket Alloy wheel trade most of my working life, I have been fortunate to have owned/ driven most makes and models of cars, Passionate (and argumentative) about them too.

Liked the C6 since introduction but wasn’t brave enough to buy a new one then, anyway now drive a 22 month old Exclusive 2.7HDI and would like to share my thoughts,

I like lots about the car but a couple of things are not great and before I take it to the dealers would appreciate other owners advice, I find the low speed ride over typical town roads shocking and would describe the ride in my car as worse than a Audi A3 I used for a couple of weeks, its not just the comfort but the bump/thump that comes through the body, it feels as though there is far too much unsprung weight, also when going over a couple of speed bumps a loud crashing noise comes from the front, also on the suspension side a couple of rear passengers have complained about a “floaty “ride and of feeling queasy at moderate speeds on country lanes.

Lastly from cold the engine stutters some times and has even cut out coming out a busy T junction, even at normal temperature and I am driving on a trailing throttle the engine hesitates, I have noticed that the engine far noisier than other cars I have driven with the same one and wonder if mine has a problem, it does sound a bit guttural (???) is this normal.

Other than the rant I love the car and without doubt my next car will be a 3.0HDi
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 10 2010, 09:35pm

Member No: #1
There is a suspension software update which others have had applied which should cure those issues for you.
Website
Trainman   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 06:02am

Member No: #86
Firstly, welcome.

Secondly, As Dave say's there is a software update for the suspension.

Thirdly, I would suggest a service, if it's not had one for a while, or a least get the dealer to check it over with a diagnostic machine.

Fourthly, 3.0HDi you and everyone on here, I suspect...
Leo   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 08:54am
Member No: #94
Hi

I have posted something on here earlier about rough running and stalling - I had a similar experience with mine - the dealer did an engine software upgrade which seems to have cured the stalling, although sometimes I still get the rough running when the engine is cold and I have noticed the engine still running a little rough on the overrun. Now that the stalling is cured I will probably just leave it.

Leo
RedRay   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 09:20am
Thanks for responses , as I don't know anybody with a C6 locally to compare the engine noise with I will have to take the word of the dealer, who I have a sneaky feeling will say "they all do that" , made mistake in first post, car is 32 months old .
Ray
gmerry   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 12:01pm
Member No: #21
Ray (is that you name?), the suspension is supposed to be self learning. My advice would be to take the car for some brisk drives and throw it around a little. The suspension action will improve.

You might also want to raise and lower the suspension to max height/min height whilst static. This might help exercise any seals, valves and get rid of any entrained air. The Hydractive 3+ suspension has non circulating oil flow.

Regards

G
Trainman   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 06:34pm

Redray, I'm in south Preston if that helps, more than happy to fetch mine over to you.
RedRay   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:42pm
Steve, that would be great, I travel to Southport (via m65) a few times times a week so could meet to suit you.

Ray
Trainman   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:49pm

Ray,
I'm off monday and tuesday, if that helps and would tie in with a visit to the parents, they live in Banks, I'll PM you my mobile number.... (actually if you use the M65 you more or less pass the house)
C6Dave   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:53pm

When your there take a picture of the 2 C6's together, it's a rare sight
Website
RedRay   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 08:10pm
S***,will have to clean it now, but will do, that's clean it and photograph them.
Trainman   
Sat Jun 12 2010, 10:12am

C6Dave wrote ...

Already thought of that Dave.

RedRay wrote ...

S***,will have to clean it now, but will do, that's clean it and photograph them.

You and me both Ray

tonyrome   
Sat Jun 12 2010, 11:20am
Member No: #15
C6Dave wrote ...

A couple of months ago, in Berlin, I was driving along one of the wide boulevards around Alexanderplatz, when I saw not 'just' another C6, but another Deep Red Perlescent C6, coming in the opposite direction. I would have loved a shot of them both passing!
Trainman   
Mon Jun 14 2010, 04:56pm

Ray, pleasure to meet you today and glad I was able to help.

Ray and I were talking this afternoon when a couple of people turned up, absolutely gobsmacked to see not 1 but 2 C6's.

mines on the left

Nice to know we made someones day
C6Dave   
Mon Jun 14 2010, 05:51pm

Apart from at a dealership forecourt I have only ever seen 2 C6's together and that was at the 90 years of Citroen event.

A rare sight indeed guys.
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club