C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Parking Brake Failure

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citroenroen1   
Sat May 04 2024, 12:54pm
Member No: #5495
My Parking Brake / E- Brake works perfectly after overnight disconnection of my (new) 12 Volt Battery ( no fault code in alert log) .... however after a few hours, the Orange triangle with the P inside of it, appears on dashboard (lower right side) , and my Parking Brake no longer works.
Parking Brake fault / failure then appears in C6 alert log.
Disconnecting my battery overnight will restore the Parking brake functionality for a few hours , or maybe until the next day.
Does anyone have any idea how to fix my Parking brake problem?

My Parking Brake clearly works, however something is triggering this
re-occurring Parking Brake failure to generate the orange triangled P.
M2dis   
Sat May 04 2024, 02:05pm
Member No: #3475
Do you only have the parking break failure error without ASB and ESP failures? If all three are present, it has been an ASB sensor for me
citroenroen1   
Mon May 06 2024, 12:25am
Thanks M2dis.
No ABS error code , No ESP error code.
My Parking brake works, but only for little while after battery is reconnected.
onthecut   
Thu May 09 2024, 11:49am
Member No: #2793
Does the handbrake come back to life overnight if the battery is left connected ? I don't know where the electrical connector is for the handbrake unit, but if underneath the car might be worth checking it is in good order. Could temperature / moisture be an issue ?

Have you had any work done at the calipers ? Might be worth running the calibration program for the handbrake unit, just in case.

Mike.
C6Dave   
Thu May 09 2024, 05:29pm

Member No: #1
onthecut wrote ...

Have you had any work done at the calipers ? Might be worth running the calibration program for the handbrake unit, just in case.

Mike.

Problem ATM is a lack of access to Lexia/Diagbox in the USA Mike. Once William has that sorted, a lot of the issues might be resolved.
Website
onthecut   
Fri May 10 2024, 10:43am
Member No: #2793
Ah !

Given the widespread use of these electric brakes, I would imagine a decent ordinary repair garage or diagnostic guy would be able to run a calibration process. Must be pretty standard after rear pad or caliper replacement.

Mike.
citroenroen1   
Fri May 10 2024, 11:56pm
onthecut :
To answer your question , when I started C6 after 4 days , the handbrake still works. The fault hasn't shown up again yet .

Previously, I removed the connector and used contact cleaner on both sides of plug.

Moisture here is Southern California is not a concern at this time.
(there is a NICE song "IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA" )

Local repair shops diagnostic equipment don't have CITROEN in their data base..
so no calibration possible at this time.
I will be getting DIAGBOX soon .... will V9.1 or 9.3 with V/Mware work with C6 ? or do I need to insist on v7.57?

Hattershaun   
Sun May 12 2024, 09:45am
Member No: #320
citroenroen1 wrote ...

onthecut :
To answer your question , when I started C6 after 4 days , the handbrake still works. The fault hasn't shown up again yet .

Previously, I removed the connector and used contact cleaner on both sides of plug.

Moisture here is Southern California is not a concern at this time.
(there is a NICE song "IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA" )

Local repair shops diagnostic equipment don't have CITROEN in their data base..
so no calibration possible at this time.

I will be getting DIAGBOX soon .... will V9.1 or 9.3 with V/Mware work with C6 ? or do I need to insist on v7.57?

The electric parking brake system is a generic component made by one of the main suppliers (Bosch, Valeo, Siemens etc) & was used on many cars.

Certainly used by Peugeot and possibly Jaguar/Land Rover. Often the diagnostic machines can be fooled by choosing one of the other car manufacturers. Certainly worth a try.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club