C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Front indicator lamp fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Tue Jan 09 2024, 02:35pm
Member No: #954
I think they still can be ordered, but they can also be repaired (solder and tweaking job) and the description for repair is in this forum.

One of the new I ordered did not fit, a mm wrong placement of lugs. I did a messy job with tape to keep it in place. Later, at the garage, my guy just did a kind of magic twist. OK since.
M2dis   
Tue Jan 09 2024, 03:43pm
Member No: #3475
Patrickf wrote ...

i need two units / holders 6303.91 for my C6 otherwise it will fail MOT and will have to scrap the vehicle. any help appreciated

It is a common thing that the plastic clips on it break. Basically all that were manufactured are sold out, I managed to find one from Poland after months of searching last year. But, there is a but, Chevronics had them remanufactured - Click Here - Looks like they are still on back-order but they will be available
jamescarruthers   
Thu Jan 11 2024, 04:42pm
Member No: #1548
Patrickf wrote ...

i need two units / holders 6303.91 for my C6 otherwise it will fail MOT and will have to scrap the vehicle. any help appreciated

Seems a little dramatic!

Chevronics are in the process of remanufacturing the entire holders. Price will be about £90 per unit.

But you will be able to put LED bulbs in your existing units to bring them back to life— search on here. The plastic gets brittle with age so disassemble them carefully. If already damaged, I found one of mine had a little short screw holding it together and it did the job of replacing one tang.
jamescarruthers   
Mon Jan 22 2024, 12:03pm
Member No: #1548
Patrickf wrote ...

Patrick, is it just the bulbs you need to replace or do you have physical damage to the units? I have some damaged ones from my car, with a few snapped tangs, which would probably be useable for an MOT, with LED bulbs added, or in mixing parts with what is left of your originals.
egegron   
Wed Feb 21 2024, 10:29am
Member No: #1406
Were can i finde wiring loom fore front day running and indicator light, or maybee a partnumber fore it?
ItsInBits   
Mon Apr 08 2024, 08:41pm
Member No: #5179
When the instrument cluster in mine went bang in an irreparable way, I found a replacement on ebay from a place in Lithuania. Apparently, that's where European cars go to be scrapped these days.

I would suggest searching ebay for a C6 part listing and mailing the seller, asking if they have what you need.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club