C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Still winter in Sweden...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David K   
Tue Feb 16 2010, 11:13pm
Member No: #42
This is how it looks like in southern Sweden at the moment. Awful!

Usually in this part of Sweden, the weather is more like it usually is in northern England. But this year, not at all...
Last friday for example, I got stucked in the snow and couldn't get digged out before saturday evening finally, and more snow is expected to come.
Even though I have snow tyres and snow chains, not much helps when it's wind and snow at the same time. It just becomes mountains in no time!
The C6 is also not the best car to drive in snow, because the tyres are just to wide (225 mm wide). But it's definitely helpful with the height-levelling when you get stucked. If you get stucked, take it down to lowest position to press down the snow underneath your car, then take it up to top level, and suddenly you have grip for the wheels again. Brilliant!

But sometimes I'm almost dreaming about my old BX that had 165 mm wide tyres. That car you just raised to top level and then you could just pass through a Mount Everest of snow.

I'm so looking forward to spring!

C6Dave   
Tue Feb 16 2010, 11:26pm

Member No: #1
we have had it a lot worse than usual but nothing like that.

Bet you can't wait until it all goes away
Website
tonyrome   
Wed Feb 17 2010, 07:45pm
Member No: #15
That looks like Berlin this winter! For 2 weeks, it's quite nice, then it starts to get a bit annoying and now, after 9 weeks, I can't wait for it to go! It has turned to very nasty, hard ice here and there are such deep grooves in the road that you can't actually turn across them - the car just slides along at an angle. I've just dug the car out - again - before being able to leave my parking space. The grip is not very good, even with the winter tyres. Really need 4WD in these conditions.
David K   
Wed Feb 17 2010, 11:08pm
Member No: #42
I experienced exactly the same in Hamburg last week, which was really scary. I was driving on a small street trying to find a parking place close to a hotel. The street was just as you describe, deep icey grooves, and when I finally found a parking place, I couldn't get into it because of the ice! It didn't matter how much i turned the steering wheel, the car just kept on going forward. Really scary actually.

And tomorrow we will get 10-20 cm more of snow, and also hard wind. So I prepare for a day working at home and then on friday morning try to dig out the car again.
Summer, please come to me quickly...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club