Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

CD changer retrofit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Jakub   
Wed Dec 04 2019, 01:04am
Member No: #4120
Hello;

I've just purchased 2007 C6 with 2.7 Hdi engine; although it's almost top - spec, it lacks CD changer. As I am kind of conservative, I prefer using CDs than connecting my telephone or USB memory to radio; as CD changers are very cheap and easily obtainable (same was used in C4GP, C5, 407 am I right?)idea of retrofitting it emerged.

My car is equiped with JBL audio system and was already retrofitted by previous owner with a more modern radio (it looks like RT4, I suppose). Is it possible to add a CD changer?

As I had 2006 C5 before, I know that I would have to activate it using Lexia; only trouble I see is wiring - dismantling dashboard and half of the interior is simply not worth it. Or maybe is there a proper connection in the trunk? I should probably look by myself, but it's freezing cold outside. So, maybe someone already did it?
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 04 2019, 09:12am

Member No: #1
If it is an RT4/5 then it's far simpler to fit the USB cable and use a memory stick in the glovebox. You can have more 'CD's' on the memory stick as well plus they don't stick or jump.

It's one part of the available technology you should embrace

Only downside is copying the CD's to the memory stick but it does mean you can delete those odd tracks that you really don't like on an album.....
Website
Hattershaun   
Wed Dec 04 2019, 10:36pm
Member No: #320
If you have RT4 then you have the Jukebox function, so you can copy CDs onto the car's memory.
50 or more CDs can be stored.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club