C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Steering angle sensor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Robsharpe   
Wed Jun 20 2018, 10:25pm
Member No: #3570
Hi guys I new to this forum and also quite new to being a c6 owner. I have owned several c5 and xantia in the past and have always liked the c6

I have a 2007 2.7 linarge. When I got the car there was a problem with an air bag or pretensions indicated on the dash. Upon looking through the cars history I discovered that it had once had the steering collum replaced and also that the horn / cruise control buttons didn't work. So I did a little digging and found the ribbon wire behind the steering wheel was broken.

I bought a second hand unit including the stalks from eBay. And fitted it.

The airbag light was now solved but I had created lots more problems. Esp suspension rear spoiler faults. I've had a guy plug his snap on diagnostics thing into it and he said the comms unit is no good. I don't believe this and I think he didn't know what he was doing .

Is there anyone that knows what's being done wrong when he is trying to calibrate it. Or better still is there someone close by that has a real citroen diagnostic machine. I live in Colwyn bay north Wales

I have fell in love with my c6 and would really like to figure this out.

Thanks in advance rob
Jas16   
Thu Jun 21 2018, 07:35pm
Member No: #2994
my understanding is that any electrical unit added/changed has to be programmed in with the cars BSI unit via diagbox/lexia. normally each unit is coded to the specific car itself. i suspect this is all that is required to clear your electrical faults.
adrianvp   
Sun Mar 31 2019, 08:45am
Member No: #704
Hi All I have had a problem with the steering angle sensor on my C6 ever since I had the lower control arms replaced after hitting a large pothole which damaged the rubber bushes in both arms. Is there a document available which shows where the sensor is and what has to be done to fix it? (unfortunately I cant remember the diagnostic code my workshop got but it said something like no communication with steering angle sensor and /or incoherent value received
MGmike   
Sun Mar 31 2019, 03:48pm
Member No: #3151
adrianvp wrote ...

Is there a document available which shows where the sensor is and what has to be done to fix it? (unfortunately I cant remember the diagnostic code my workshop got but it said something like no communication with steering angle sensor and /or incoherent value received

they all report that error and the garage should know that! Ignore it and keep driving...
Tjensen   
Mon Apr 01 2019, 01:38pm
Member No: #954
The rear spoiler will often "repair" itself. Up in maintenance position, lubricate and check for rust and dirt. A little driving that actuates the unit can then reconfigure/reposition. Mine had problems when I bought the car and never since; a few times a year I lubricate.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club