C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear spoiler

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisJ   
Sat Jan 03 2015, 11:50pm
Member No: #2004
Hi, Just bought my C6, amazing car, should have bought one earlier. I've had it now for a month and all is OK except that today the spoiler deployed as it should at 78mph but will now not retract back into its "down" position, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Chris.
mercuryrv   
Sun Jan 04 2015, 12:22am
Member No: #1848
Not much help but mine does that............sometimes but then goes back next time I drive it. You can deploy it by turning the wipers on and then turn the ignition off.
Trainman   
Sun Jan 04 2015, 01:46am

Member No: #86
It's a common enough fault and here are varies threads on the site covering a variety of the common causes....
Hattershaun   
Sun Jan 04 2015, 09:43pm
Member No: #320
First thing I'd do is to use a spray lubricant on the mechanism when the spoiler is in the up position.
There's an arrangement of a horizontal rod and another metal component that slides along the rod, on each side of the spoiler.
Turn ignition switch off, then within one minute flick the wiper stalk down, the spoiler will raise and the wipers with move to their upright position for cleaning etc.nthis is in the owners handbook.
Tjensen   
Sun Jan 04 2015, 10:43pm
Member No: #954
....and open the boot to get a better view and better access. I am using both thin (creeping and loosening) and thick sticky spray (protecting and lubricating) on the hinges and by the rubber seals into the el-motor. No problems after the first spray.
Valleybuoy   
Thu Feb 19 2015, 10:38am
Member No: #1069
I had a similar issue. Would go up, then not go down @ 70mph. Then sometimes would go down of it's own accord etc.. Sporadic at best. Solved it by getting the motor changed (on warranty).. Being 100% ever since.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club