C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 2.7 Oil Consumption

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 10:14am
Member No: #2793
As it approaches the first 3k mile mark in my keeping (total miles 101k), I see that the oil level has dropped on the stick from full to approaching a top up requirement. (Doesn't matter - will be changing it anyway). Is this typical ? Have had numerous PSA diesels over the years and absolutely none of them have used any oil, ever.

I suspect it's leeching away through the turbos -- there's no smoke, but when I had it in bits there seemed to be copious amounts of oil in the induction piping.
Or was it part of their cunning plan to make the car more 'German' --- pint of oil with every couple of tanks of fuel ?

Mike.
Cisco   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 11:01am
Member No: #1429
Hi Mike,

My car has covered almost 120k with 20k of those miles with me.

The car has had it's fair share of coolant leaks, electrical and suspension related problems similar to many of those reported on here but to my surprise it has never used any oil.

Probably jinxed it now

ATB Frank
gmerry   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 11:49am
Member No: #21
Hi Mike, have you read this thread (oil leak etc) - Click Here -

regards
onthecut   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 12:24pm
Member No: #2793
Thanks for the link.

I will be removing the undertray for the first time since doing the initial work on it, so should become evident then if I have an external leak of any consequence.

Looking at the other posts there is mention of a breather pipe. I'm not clear reading that whether the implication is that it will leak oil if it is split, or oil may accumulate / leak elsewhere if the pipe is blocked and not venting properly ?

Still -- mustn't grumble; fingers crossed, pretty much everything else seems to be reasonably OK.

Mike.
321dave   
Tue Dec 27 2016, 06:57pm
Member No: #614
Hi, that was me, i had a cracked (Intercooler to manifold/throttle) pipe. Replaced the pipe with a new one, and adds new seals here and there and oil leak has gone.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club