Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Norman   
Fri Nov 25 2016, 10:45am
Member No: #364
That doesn't bode well mine is the same age Rp no 30027
it's happened!
Hi all, started the car this morning and the display flashed three or four times then went out no smell of burning just nothing no display just the head up display which i noticed went up and down in brightness one moment it was bright so turned it down then a bit later went dim so turned it up again it did this all the way from Huddersfield to Leeds/Bradford airport but leaving to return to Huddersfield it was steady without any fluctuations, is this a sign that the altanator or battery is failing?
Norman   
Sat Dec 03 2016, 02:44pm
update i, ve taken the display out of the dash and on monday the 5th of december i am driving down to Autotronic to have it repaired whilst i wait for the princely sum of £204 so i'll update the thread when i return.
MikeH   
Sun Dec 04 2016, 06:26pm
Member No: #1555
Hi Norman. I had a screen go in 2015 and bought a brand new one from an e-Bay seller in Spain. His name is Karim Dehmous (kdehmous@yahoo.co.uk) and I can't rate him highly enough. The screen was 270 Euros if this helps.
Norman   
Mon Dec 05 2016, 04:36pm
Just got back from autotronics in Leicester I dropped it in at 11:15 and picked it up at 12:30 excellent service And all for just £204 inclusive of vat, l plugged it back in so the technician could see it working then refitted it a 10 minute job everything checked out fine even the position sensors which wouldn't turn on earlier now worked but also showing was the engine symbol the fault screen said depolution/fuel problem which I couldn't clear with the lexia also the fault log was full and I couldn't clear it for some reason but will have another go tomorrow.
e3steve   
Wed Dec 07 2016, 08:35am
Member No: #1163
I contacted Autotronics to book in my cluster and BSI for attention; the display cluster has dimmed to nigh-on invisible, a couple of times, always clearing itself and behaving perfectly the same day.

The BSI won't communicate with my laptop via the OBDII port. Autotronics say that they don't 'have a jig' for the BSI, so I sent both items to ACtronics. I received a call to say that they wouldn't reman the display, as it's been interfered with in the past (this I noted -- poor soldering -- when I disassembled it myself before sending it off).

They couldn't fault the BSI, but the tech said that that, too, has been "got at". I now need to check the conductors' integrity between the OBDII port and the BSI connector.

A hundred and fourteen quid; but at least I know now.
Norman   
Thu Dec 08 2016, 11:09am
After my trip to autotronics and the discovery of the engine managment light lite and it didn't clear after the return home and a lexia session i was about to take it to the citroen agent when imagine my surprise when starting the engine the engine managment had gone out and is still out after last nights trip to leeds/bradford airport so fingers crossed it doesn't come back.
Norman   
Tue Jan 24 2017, 11:06am
Does anyone have the problem of having to adjust the head up display several times during a trip one minute it is very dark I turn it up then later it is too bright,
bargi   
Sun Jan 29 2017, 10:32pm
Member No: #2590
I'd like to know this one. I've found the brightness of the HUD can fluctuate randomly
Hattershaun   
Sun Jan 29 2017, 10:41pm
Member No: #320
Input from the windscreen light sensor can affect dashboard brightness (inc HUD) as well as deciding when to turn headlights on/off. Even with headlights off, the dash lights can be bright or dim depend on ambient light levels.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club