Part Numbers for Cooling System

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cisco   
Tue May 17 2016, 03:24pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Guys,

My car has developed a coolant leak, which I have not yet found; when i do I'm going to replace the thermostat (outlet) tank and the inlet tanks as well if the leak is not one of those.

I'm trying to find the relevant part no's. I'm sure they are on the forum somewhere but cant find the relevant diagram with part numbers. Am I being dim? Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
gmerry   
Tue May 17 2016, 04:48pm
Member No: #21
Hi Cisco, the "collecteur eau" , water inlet to you and me, is part number 1336Y2 and it comes complete with the big fat "O" ring. Its made in GB according to the packet. So mine has been shipped to France and back again. I'm assuming you have a 2.7HDi.

There's plenty of references to the thermostat housing in various posts.

Regards
G

PS, remember to inspect the steel heater pipe above the near side inner wheel arch.
Cisco   
Tue May 17 2016, 05:15pm
Thanks Gordon,

Yes 2.7HDi.

I had found the Part No. for the outlet by going thro various threads 1336Y3 and the subsequent assy 1351LL. I didn't have the inlet tho!

It would be good to have the diagram/part no's for the system. Anyone have the said diagram?

Also can anyone give me the Part No. of the fragile vacuum pipes that apparently seem to always break? Again, thanks in advance.

Frank
321dave   
Tue May 17 2016, 06:04pm
Member No: #614
Hi Cisco,
just replaced the outlet and inlet tanks myself on the 2.7HDi, a few weeks back. Is this diagram what you were lookin for? I still have a small leak, and i eventuslly spotted it coming from the durite hoses near the tank in the V of the engine. Very small leak, but non the less im losing a little. Im going to replace the durite hoses on the top left and see if this improves things? The old hose seems not to be sealing properly with the new tank. Anybody have a similiar problem?

Those little venting pipes are No 14 and 17 on the list. I think thats what you were asking about? I replaced those as well, mine broke the second i tried to move them! Very brittle, but luckily i was warned well by the forum posts.

Cisco   
Tue May 17 2016, 06:59pm
Hi Dave,

Big thanks, that was the diagram with no's I was looking for

I know that 14/17, return to the cooling resevoir, are fragile but I think the vacuum ones I was meaning are part of the fuel system. Not sure tho.

Good luck with finding your leak!

Frank
321dave   
Wed May 18 2016, 12:23am
Cisco wrote ...

Hi Dave,

Big thanks, that was the diagram with no's I was looking for

I know that 14/17, return to the cooling resevoir, are fragile but I think the vacuum ones I was meaning are part of the fuel system. Not sure tho.

Good luck with finding your leak!

Frank

Hi Frank,
would it be the swirl valve pipes or tubes you were referring to? They are also very brittle plastic black pipes traversing the top of the engine. I broke those as well, when I was doing the strip down for the timing belt recently and ordered a whole new assembly, but I think Gmerry replaced these little pipes or tubes with copper brake tubing he had on his garage wall.

I have pictures of the fitting of the new unit on my computer somewhere if you want me to post them up. The installation of one of the three small bore rubber connectors is a bit difficult, but you can just sneak the connector on without removing the stainless steel turbo pipe that runs over the top of the engine.

It cost about €150 plus delivery for the complete unit from France as the plastic tubes are not available to buy seperately. The code was 1622 HW for the vacuum pipe set, which is part of the intake manifold air distributor.

Hope that's of some help anyway Frank.
Cisco   
Wed May 18 2016, 04:57am
Hi Dave,

Yes, think that's the item.

Time to get under this car and find the leak!

Big thanks for your help.

Frank
321dave   
Wed May 18 2016, 07:37am
Cisco wrote ...

Hi Dave,

Yes, think that's the item.

Time to get under this car and find the leak!

Big thanks for your help.

Frank

Good luck as well Frank, it has to be one of the real weaknesses with the 2.7HDi engine. The weak coolant circuit. But then again its most likely age related. My inlet tank failed at approx 130000 mls, and looks like the original tank, and my outlet tank was fairly new looking and looked fine, but i put a new one in as well. Just for piece of mind, i have nearly all the rest bought and ready to go in before the holiday season starts. I can live with anything else, but not with a weak coolant circuit. Should be as good as new very soon. Heres hoping anyway.
Cisco   
Wed May 18 2016, 12:14pm
Following up on this, I had a look for the leak..it is the water inlet behind the alternator! Looks like a fun job.

While there I noticed that the ancillary belt idler pulley seems to be noisy. Could someone post up the parts for the ancillary belt assembly or failing that give me the part number for the idler pulley.

The diagram/parts doesn't seem to be available for download from the site either.

Thanks again, Frank
321dave   
Wed May 18 2016, 12:50pm
Here you go Frank.

gmerry   
Wed May 18 2016, 01:25pm
Member No: #21
Off the top of my head, I think E3steve posted on replacing the bearing (only) within the tensioner assembly with a standard industrial unit. Worth a hunt through the archives?

Regards
G

Found link, Jan 27th 2016, posting by E3steve - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club