Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Parking Assistance System faulty? Cheap fix?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Huutch   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 01:06pm
Member No: #2112
Any idea why this fault is coming up? It comes on as soon as I engage the gear stick to go to Drive. Is it simply a faulty sensor or is it something else? Also every time I start the car it's coming up with Assistance Service Call Downgraded, any ideas? Thanks.
Trainman   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 03:40pm

Member No: #86
You really need to get somebody to put it on a Lexia/Diagbox
C6Chester   
Sat Apr 16 2016, 09:23pm
Member No: #2287
Mine did this the other day and then miraculously starting working again today.

I'm assuming its probably on its way out, hoping Citroen won't charge me too much to fix it!
gmerry   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 10:52am
Member No: #21
Hi, excuse me anyone if this offends but I'm looking at the word "cheap" and wondering if it means:-

"Cheap and nasty", a bit of string and bubblegum and will last 5 minutes
"low cost" maybe 99p would be low cost, maybe £100 would be low cost, depends on who will be doing the labour and what parts are involved, which depends on knowing what the problem is
"minimal cost", this maybe means that the person with the problem takes some steps to diagnose the problem, procures the parts, resets the software etc

Anyway, as I said, sorry if I offended anyone but "cheap" sure is an interesting word.
Huutch   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 07:46pm
Member No: #2112
I understand I shouldn't of used the word cheap as it can be taken the wrong way, I mean would it cost a lot to fix the problem, money is of no concern to me, as long as it gets done correctly and fixed.
Trainman   
Sun Apr 17 2016, 08:29pm

Member No: #86
C6Chester wrote ...

Mine did this the other day and then miraculously starting working again today.

I'm assuming its probably on its way out, hoping Citroen won't charge me too much to fix it!

Sam,

I'll be in Chester on Sunday 24th April for the Cars and Coffee at Chester Castle, I can fetch Diagbox with me it you want to meet up, it's an early morning one.....
frozenbeard81   
Mon Apr 18 2016, 09:35am
Member No: #2503
Hello. I had this fault when I first bought my C6. Same symptoms. First issue in investigations was the Bosch control unit in the rearwheel well was U/S, at some point the rear had a leak and it had got wet and knackered it. Once that was fixed. I was then able to diagnose the fact I had a rear sensor out too. If the entire system is in fault then the Bosch may be suspect. Its not cheap at £250 odd pounds plus then what i spent on sensor and paint. However it's worth its weight in Gold working!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club