C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

replace front door window

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
furriegurrie   
Sat Jan 30 2016, 08:04pm
Member No: #2448
Anybody changed a front door window? Mine has cracked unfortunately. During a period of frost I was leaving for work early in the morning while it was still dark. The window lowered a bit as usual and the door opened....but I did not notice it raised again immediately after. So the window was up when I pulled the door to close. This was enough to crack it on the chrome trim piece just above the rear view mirror....

I've sourced an alternative window but was wondering if somebody has done this job and has some pointers...
C6Dave   
Mon Feb 01 2016, 04:38pm

Member No: #1
Should be covered in the Tech Doc on front door stripping - Click Here -
Website
furriegurrie   
Mon Feb 01 2016, 04:49pm
Cheers, I did see that but was hoping somebody would have some first hand experience too. Would it for instance be a matter of "just" replacing the window and do the learning of the anti pinch. Or do you always need to adjust the window too? At present it is sealing really well, so if possible I'd like to keep it on the current settings.
Cisco   
Mon Feb 01 2016, 07:26pm
Member No: #1429
Hi,

Your windscreen insurance will take care of this glass replacement.

Two items to be careful with is that the glass co supply the correct single or double laminate for your model. Exclusive is double....

Other item is that the "mood lighting" unit is easily damaged during side glass replacement.

Resetting the pinch function is covered in your handbook.

Good luck with it.

Frank
furriegurrie   
Wed Feb 17 2016, 04:36pm
That is of course if it's covered and if you do not end up paying more in extra yearly charges because of less discount.

I've replaced the window. Had a bit of a struggle with the front clamp as I fully removed the screw which I should not have. The window is working perfectly, but there is a bit more noise coming from b pillar now. So need to adjust this. Does the outer trim part on the door just pop off? The adjusting screws are behind this....
e3steve   
Wed Feb 17 2016, 11:18pm
Member No: #1163
furriegurrie wrote ...
Does the outer trim part on the door just pop off? The adjusting screws are behind this....
From memory, I think there are retainers inside the door skin. You need to remove the door card and the foam membrane which is repairable by using duct tape).

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club