Where can I buy Indicator Lens

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
timh   
Sat Jun 13 2015, 08:27am
Member No: #875
Hi

I have just reviewed about 100 items on Ebay for C6's and searched everywhere but having no luck finding a supplier of the Indicator Lens or lamp holder for my C6.

Water got in the left front side, and its all corroded and and silvering has gone black.

Any one know of a supplier. I will also be in france in July so I could pick one up there too

Cheers

Tim

321dave   
Sat Jun 13 2015, 10:24am
Member No: #614
timh wrote ...

Hi

I have just reviewed about 100 items on Ebay for C6's and searched everywhere but having no luck finding a supplier of the Indicator Lens or lamp holder for my C6.

Water got in the left front side, and its all corroded and and silvering has gone black.

Any one know of a supplier. I will also be in france in July so I could pick one up there too

Hi Tim,
Midi Citroen Orient will get that part for you. You can order online as well, and pick when you arrive. There based near Rennes, Brittany I believe. I'll will try and dig a part number out for you later on. I'm sure the lads on the forum will have that info as well.

Kind regards
321dave

C6Dave   
Sat Jun 13 2015, 04:00pm

Member No: #1
You can't just buy the lens, you have to buy the full outer shell

6303 89 left

6303 90 Right

They are £65.71 inc 20% Vat in the UK
Website
timh   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 01:17am
Thanks for the part numbers.

I did mean the whole unit and Yeah I should have said that rather than lense.
I have mine on the bench, trying to clean it (deposits and corrosion on the lamp holder) up as much as possible at the moment.

Cheers

T
timh   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 01:33am
Hmm, had a look for the part.

Came up with this.

- Click Here -

Unfortunately Google translate doesn't help me much (Fire Box) ;-( and there is no photo or product description. I think this is the part I need, but maybe someone more familiar with french and buying citroen parts could have a look.

Really appreciate it. (The local citroen dealer couldn't source the part and told me I had to get it from France

Cheers

Tim
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 07:25am

Member No: #1
Well the reference number is correct. Mick at Eurocarcare - Click Here - would probably be able to source one and post it to Australia if you get stuck
Website
magicands   
Sun Jun 14 2015, 05:22pm
Member No: #1021
Dave is correct, I would replace both parts as well, the indicator lens and the lamp holder which is about £17.00 complete with lamps.
The reason I would replace both is that you will probably snap the retaining clips due to age & secondly the new lamp holder will have a better seal and prevent water ingress.
Website
timh   
Sat Jun 20 2015, 07:07am
Yeah I will get both, the lamp holder is heavily corroded.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club