Down under

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Mikko   
Thu Apr 09 2015, 04:56pm
Member No: #2109
Hey again!
I posted earlier that I will check out a C6 year 2010 with 240 hp. I got many excellent advice what and how to pay attention to things prior making up my mind. I want to thank you all for that!!

Today I test drove the car and it seems to be ok to me. We went to Citroen Carage and lifted the car up. I saw that on the bottom of the car on both sides next to the front wheels the bottom looked a little moist...the surface of the bottom was darker on those two (almost identical) spots than the rest. My thought was, that maybe something is leaking. When asking the Citroen technician, he said that the "moist" or darker colour is from the stuff used to protect the surface from corrosion on those two spots.

I am sorry, I am not very handy with cars....so my vocabulary is probably all over the place. But if you can make any sense of what I just tried to describe, I would be grateful for you opinions, if this is normal for C6...or should I be worried of some damage possibly in the suspension?

Best
Mikko
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 09 2015, 06:02pm

Member No: #1
If it's dark and dry to touch then it could be body protection, if it's damp to toch it could be leaking LDS from the hose on the bottom of the reservoir which is not uncommon and a simple fix with a new hose clip.
Website
Mikko   
Fri Apr 10 2015, 04:43pm
Member No: #2109
C6Dave wrote ...

If it's dark and dry to touch then it could be body protection, if it's damp to toch it could be leaking LDS from the hose on the bottom of the reservoir which is not uncommon and a simple fix with a new hose clip.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Both darker spots were dry to touch and as the citroen mechanic said, it is from the factory and for body protection.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club