C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Main screen blank

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
COLINJ   
Sun Mar 15 2015, 10:40pm
Member No: #697
Hi all, My main screen as gone blank wont light up but hud works prefect was wondering could it be a fuse. has anyone got any idea were to look and what could of cause it. ?????

Many tks

colinj
Trainman   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 07:02am

Member No: #86
Colin, I've only ever seen that happen once before and it was the 'Dark' button that was stuck, try a gentle finger tap......
Jarecki   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 07:09am
Member No: #2069
Hi, is it totally blank? even blink for the moment?
the worst news is the screen has gone, and youll have to buy new one - or... the fiber wire could be broken, graphic, or just LCD. Could you give us some details - does the radio work OK? what if you try to change anything? press DARK 3times what effect? Did you try to change brightness, contrast etc?
COLINJ   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 08:06am
Member No: #697
Hi all,
the screen im on about is the one with the mph, rev, fuel, temp etc.compelety blank/dark. but I can see the hud for the mph.

Many Tks

Colinj
Jarecki   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 01:35pm
Member No: #2069
Sorry! Wrong understanding
Use translator and read this: - Click Here -
general idea is the short circuit on the transformer, and two transistors need to be changed.
My suggestion is to take it to electronic specs\ialist.
It is possible to buy one (usefd) in Poland, but i dont know it will fit because of rh driving... but i think it is only a screen so if the siglnal from speedo-sensor is Mph...
hope I helped
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 04:15pm

Member No: #1
There is a thread with details of a repair option on site........
Website
Dan595   
Thu Mar 19 2015, 05:35pm
Member No: #299
This happened to my car - dealer removed the dashboard binnacle and sent it to speedorepair.co.uk who fixed it. Autoguard warranty paid - the total bill was around £130 (of which £30 was removal/reinstall and carriage.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club