Wed Nov 12 2014, 09:51am
Member No: #21
Pat, try this link - Click Here -

Regards
G
cruiserphil   
Wed Nov 12 2014, 10:08am

Member No: #38
I do the same as G for bleeding the hydraulic system as per Citroen instructions.

321Dave - I just take the precaution of loosening the cap if I think the car might be lifted with all wheels hanging. In the NCT they won't play with height selectors they'll just lift the car and then let it recover its level when it is lowered again. So just loosen the cap beforehand and tighten it afterwards. Another thing is when getting tyres changed, i just bring the wheels. I never present the car.

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Wed Nov 12 2014, 11:27am
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

I do the same as G for bleeding the hydraulic system as per Citroen instructions.

321Dave - I just take the precaution of loosening the cap if I think the car might be lifted with all wheels hanging. In the NCT they won't play with height selectors they'll just lift the car and then let it recover its level when it is lowered again. So just loosen the cap beforehand and tighten it afterwards. Another thing is when getting tyres changed, i just bring the wheels. I never present the car.

Best regards,
Phil C.

Hi Phil, many thanks for the advice, I will be doing that for the NCT.

Kind regards
321dave
patcrean406   
Thu Nov 13 2014, 10:44pm
Member No: #1894
Just to check before I go back to the garage. Do citroen specially specify that the cap is loosened? I can't find much documentation. Even the main dealer wasn't entirely sure. ( ridiculous I know)

Regards
Pat
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 13 2014, 11:47pm
Member No: #954
Yes, see Citroen documents on this site. In red letters, starting with URGENT. Both for 2,7 and 3,0 Hdi, and for operations that strats with lifting
patcrean406   
Sat Nov 29 2014, 06:51pm
Member No: #1894
After some negotiations and a few letters they have agreed to pay for the tank and labour.In fairness they just wanted clarification. Thanks for the help and the technical documents. Everyone learned something from the experience and thankfully I didnt have to cover the entire costs.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club