C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

LDS Bleeding (and Pressurisation)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Sat Apr 21 2012, 08:11pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, Citroen procedure requires that the LDS reservoir is pressurised to 0.5 bar to bleed any air out of the power steering or suspension circuits.

Apparently there is a FACOM tool for this.

Here's an alternative. A spare reservoir cap with the guts machined out, a spot flat on top. Then a 4mm tubing connector (use extra flexible 4mm nylon) connected to a self relieving instrument regulator set to 0.5 bar. Instrument Regulator range is 0-2bar so 0.5 bar nicely "mid range" and stable setpoint, with a filter of course. Then connect to air supply.

Regards
G

travlician   
Sun Apr 22 2012, 01:03am
Member No: #350
Hm, seems just as complicated as getting a FACOM tool. I use an old thinner can cap, drilled a hole (roughly 6mm) in it a pressed an old tube valve in it (like the ones they replace all the time in regular rims, not ours..).

To bleed I connect a 12 volt air compressor, the cheap one to fill tires in case of emergency, and switch it on until I see its pressure gauge go up.

Then I disconnect the air compressor and with the pressure gauge to check tire pressure a let air escape until the pressure drops to 7 PSI (0.5 bar).

But maybe that's only to be done in third world countries like where I live...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club