C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Servicing

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dsharples   
Fri Aug 22 2014, 08:56pm
Member No: #119
Took my C6 for its 80k/7 year service this week. According to my service schedule, it should have had its "Top up EOLYS 176" done. When I questioned why it wasn't completed, the dealer (who is usually excellent) said, "If we did all the additional items, nobody would come for a service as it would be too expensive".

Ok, so the service as it was cost £560.36. But £299.96 of that is the menu/fixed price servicing cost. I would only have to pay for the EOLYS...

Anyhow, I guess my question is "does this matter"? And has anyone done it themselves?

Thoughts welcome.

PS. I also need to check when my brake fluid was last changed - as that is a "2 year age-related operation" - and wasn't done this time either.

PPS. When I moaned, I was shown a screen on service.citroen.com which shows loads of items as "additional" including cabin filters.. which my service book shows as a standard operation, and which they did change.... so I'm now questioning what is correct - my service book, or the dealers' interpretation of service.citroen.com... which they stated they have interpolated as "stuff people do want done and notice like cabin filters, versus stuff people they don't notice, is very expensive, and will trigger a fault anyway, like EOLYS fluid needing a top-up..

The chappie said, well it says we should replace your particle filter at 120k miles, but would you really want that done if the car still works and passes its MOT... Hmmm, good point I thought...
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 23 2014, 06:59am

Member No: #1
Fixed Price or 'Value Services' are exactly that, the bits that most people want doing and are not the same as the full service schedule which does cost considerably more as they are mainly visual inspections....

With 'Value' servicing you do have to pay extra for things like a brake fluid change (my dealer charges £30.00)

With a full service you would find the items like brake fluid change itemised on the bill, but be paying considerably more than the Fixed Price cost

Website
dsharples   
Sat Aug 23 2014, 07:56am
Member No: #119
Dave - the invoice does not state fixed price. My poor wording. It says "Carried Out Next Service According to Manufacturer" (Which is costed £299.96). And all the parts are charged extra, taking the bill (with an MOT) to £560.36. So in my opinion, Brake Fluid and EOLYS should have been done. This was clearly not a fixed price service.
Dan595   
Sat Aug 23 2014, 12:48pm
Member No: #299
For some reason, brake fluid (2 years) and coolant (5 years) are not part of the standard service - I do always get them done though. When my C6 was due for the 80,000 mile service with EOLYS top-up, my dealer advised to leave the EOLYS until the 'level low' warning came up. I'm now on 139,000 miles and no sign of it (or any depollution system faults) yet...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club