C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

It's Friday 13th and I bought a C6!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
artisan100   
Fri Jun 13 2014, 06:53pm
Member No: #1625
Brought my 59 plate 66k Exclusive home today. Despite the date, all is going well so far!

Worked my way up though the Citroen range over the years, with the odd gap, but 2CV, Dyane, Visa, GSA, ZX, BX, XM and Xantia have all figured, and I still have the suit carrier that was a free incentive for taking a test drive in a CX at the local dealer back in the 70's. No way I could have afforded one, but that cemented the hydropneumatic suspension as a favourite, so I was bound to have a C6 eventually.

Surprised to find from the ORGA number that the car stood around for over two years before first registration, but I don't suppose that was unusual.

Cruised home at just under 70 on the motorway today and noticed that a C4 and C5, that were both going considerably above 70, suddenly slowed down and fell into place behind me for a few miles. Wonder if it was anyone on here.

No doubt there'll be questions to come in the future, but so far so good.

Geoff
Trainman   
Fri Jun 13 2014, 09:33pm

Member No: #86
Geoff,

Welcome to the joy of ownership, it is rather surprising how many people slow down or just point and wave. C6's seem to bring out the kid in everybody, like Ferrari's did when I was a kid.
artisan100   
Sat Jun 14 2014, 09:21am
Member No: #1625
Popped into the filling station last night and was engaged in conversation by the young Polish chap on the cash desk. I won't attempt the accent, but it was on the lines of, " That's a very nice Citroen. What is it?"
"A C6"
"I don't know them, but I used to have, how you say, XM."
"Oh, I used to have an XM as well"
"Ah, Wonderful car. I wish I still had."

No discount on a tankful of diesel though

Geoff
magicands   
Sun Jun 15 2014, 03:11pm
Member No: #1021
Welcome to the sometimes very testing life of owning a C6.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club