C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Temperature-sensitive cruise control?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BruceB   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:46am
Member No: #234
As the air temperature has bounced off zero in the last few days, I have noticed what may be a(nother) charming C6 anomaly.

While the car's 'black ice' warning is flashing, below 3C, it has been impossible to engage cruise control. When the ambient temperature increases, it magically becomes accessible.

Is this a trivial glitch in the individual car's electronics, or is it a bit of Citroen nannyism to save us from the temptation of using cruise in potentially dangerous climatic conditions?

I'm trapped inside today with a heap of deadlined work to crank out. Otherwise, I would have been looking forward to playing with 'snow mode' for the first time. Our Nordic friends will laugh their socks off, but we have a terrifying 2cm of snow this morning.
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 10:17am

Member No: #1
Must admit I have never noticed that Bruce, but there again I don't use 'cruise' much at all, but it sounds like it's a logical function of the system............
Website
Trainman   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 10:37am

Member No: #86
Mine was fine yesterday on the drive over to Elvington, set of in -2 and it was working fine
cruiserphil   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 11:33am

Member No: #38
Bruce,

As per Steve, I travelled up from Kilkenny on the M9 on Thursday night with cruise engaged in temps ranging from 0 to 4 degC. When I originally selected cruise it was 1 degC.

Regards,

Phil C.
mark28   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 05:26pm
Member No: #102
Mine works however cold it has been
Hattershaun   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 06:23pm
Member No: #320
My cruise/speed limiter works intermittently, but always responds to the steering wheel being adjusted, all the way in, then out, then all the way up, then down, then back to my favourite position.
I think this is a fairly common occurrence on other C6.
Pappnase   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:05pm
Member No: #1044
I moved my post to the public section.
ciao_chao   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 12:28am
Member No: #518
That is a strange one, I'm sure I've been on the cruise at -3.
kmaetz   
Tue Jun 17 2014, 02:09pm
Member No: #1551
Hello Bruce!
I see this also with my cruise control but not only specific with temperatures bellow 0. It's even in summer with colder and hotter weeks changing. With it I've all the other issues described for the cruise control - intermittent and not predictable functionality, changing values between the buttons, not functional - button, etc. I guess (and must prove it with dismantling the steering wheel column), that the connection is poor with the ribbon cable and must be fixed and somehow tightened to avoid any micromovements due to heat/cold stretching/shrinking or other physical stress by setting up steering wheel position...
eduardomaio   
Sat Jun 21 2014, 11:41am
Member No: #869
kmaetz that's another known issue. Just remove the bottom plastic cover of the steering column and pull the cables towards the steering wheel.

I used a zip tie to keep the cables in place and also added a bit of foam to a piece of black plastic where the cables to thru, has it had a bit of looseness.

It is fixed ever since (1+ year).
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club