Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Cruise Control and Speed Limiter not working.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
drummond   
Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:27pm
Member No: #238
Thanks, Dave. Will do.
Pappnase   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 08:18pm
Member No: #1044
A week after I got mine the cruise used to work very sporadically. I had a brake pedal switch and the accel sensor changed under warranty because they found there had been error messages in Lexia. I told them this wouldn't change anything because I could revive the cruise control by hitting the steering wheel hard. This could not have affected the brake and accel things. And of course I was right. Next thing they told me they wanted to change the switches in the steering wheel. Since these have always worked, though often activating a different function than what they should, I told them these cannot be the culprits. These guys often do not think, they just read their error codes.

I worked out a new method to get the cruise working, I just lightly slap the underside of the steering column quite lightly with the back of my hand, or rather with the knuckles. This works 99% first time. This is a short video of what I do.

In the C6 section of the German Citroen forum two people independently reported that they readjusted the bundle of cables which appears if one removes the lower steering column panel. They removed the wire straps, pushed everything in place so that the connection to the COM2000 is not under tension. Then they fixed new straps and their cruise control has worked flawlessly ever since.

Papp
gmerry   
Mon Jan 14 2013, 10:51pm
Member No: #21
Hi, any chance of posting link to the german video showing the fix for the cruise control.

Thanks
G
C6Dave   
Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:13am

Member No: #1
G the link is in the post This is a short video of what I do shows the 'tapping' required
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Jan 15 2013, 08:42pm
Member No: #1031
I too replaced the steering wheel buttons as the old ones were worn out. However, apart from the aesthetics, before replacing the buttons the Cruise Control/Speed limiter were working perfectly...

Today, I noticed something strange - sometimes (more often than not), my buttons switch functions. To be more specific, the top right hand button (Cruise Limiter 0) does what the lower right hand button should do (Pause - On/Off), the lower right hand button (Pause - On/Off) does what the lower left button should do (Speed -), and both left hand buttons (Speed + & Speed -) act as the top left hand button (Speed +)...

What the heck is going on?!?

I mean, if it did this all the time I would have concluded that the service engineer who did the replacing is in fact severely retarded and connected the wires all wrong. However, the fact that it sometimes works like it should completely baffles me... Help please.

Thank you,
Sam
Hattershaun   
Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:50pm
Member No: #320
smihaialex wrote ...

I too replaced the steering wheel buttons as the old ones were worn out. However, apart from the aesthetics, before replacing the buttons the Cruise Control/Speed limiter were working perfectly...

Today, I noticed something strange - sometimes (more often than not), my buttons switch functions. To be more specific, the top right hand button (Cruise Limiter 0) does what the lower right hand button should do (Pause - On/Off), the lower right hand button (Pause - On/Off) does what the lower left button should do (Speed -), and both left hand buttons (Speed + & Speed -) act as the top left hand button (Speed +)...

I mean, if it did this all the time I would have concluded that the service engineer who did the replacing is in fact severely retarded and connected the wires all wrong. However, the fact that it sometimes works like it should completely baffles me... Help please.

Thank you,
Sam

I think what you are experiencing is all part of he same fault, I.e. connectors inside the steering wheel housing not making proper contact.
I've had the same situation too.
smihaialex   
Wed Jan 16 2013, 02:58pm
Thank you gentlemen! Went to the car with nothing but a torx screwdriver and a can of presurized air, took apart the steering wheel column plastic protection, dusted off using the air can, disconected and reconnected the wires and jiggled them around a bit, put everything back together, readjusted the steering wheel to my prefered position.

Now, everything seems to be just fine - did lots of testing, moved the car around, turned the steering wheel, and it seems to be working perfectly... Will test more on my first long(er) trip, but I really hope this bug does not return

Sam
Chevrons   
Thu Jan 17 2013, 03:50pm
Member No: #85
Pappnase wrote ...

I worked out a new method to get the cruise working, I just lightly slap the underside of the steering column quite lightly with the back of my hand, or rather with the knuckles. This works 99% first time.
Papp

The 'release column, pull out, in; push up, down' used to work for me, however this stopped working last week. I read Papp's technique while waiting on a car park for a meeting. It worked! - I wouldn't have believed it. Thank you again Papp.
cruiserphil   
Sat Jan 19 2013, 11:09pm

Member No: #38
The cruise control on the 06 car has been working intermittently recently. It vanished completely for the last few days. Tonight when it again failed to operate I also tried Papp's technique and on it came!!

Many thanks,

Phil C.
smihaialex   
Tue Jan 29 2013, 02:51pm
After working flawlessly for a couple of days, now, my Cruise control/Speed limiter no longer works, but now, the symptoms are completely different than before - I can engage cruise control, but I cannot engage speed limiter, because when switching to that mode no speed is specified - instead of let's say 60 showing up on the screen (or whichever speed limit I had set before), it brings up - - - just like the cruise control would, with the difference that on cruise control, hitting the Set + or the Set - buttons brings up the current speed + 1 or - 1 instead of - - -, but on speed limiter it does nothing - it just flashes the - - - and does nothing

Thank you,
Sam
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club