C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Japanese C6 YouTube video - weird dash configuration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Stealth   
Sun Dec 15 2013, 12:46pm
Member No: #986
Came across this oddity on YouTube today.

I haven't had time to do any research on this one but watch the video and you'll notice the driver's side air conditioning vent has been replaced with a blue LCD display. It looks like a factory fitted arrangement.

Anybody ever seen this?

- Click Here -
jacktherev   
Sun Dec 15 2013, 02:44pm
Member No: #1423
Yeah nice car and it looks as if it's a factory fit too. Wonder what it could be. I like the colour and he certainly doesn't spare his right foot. Good that it's RHD too. Thanks
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 15 2013, 04:10pm

Member No: #1
As far as I was aware, all the RHD C6's in Japan have been exported from the UK.......
Website
magicands   
Sun Dec 15 2013, 05:57pm
Member No: #1021
There is a remote control next to the shift stick so perhaps this controls the smaller screen, its not a great quality video so I can't make out the drawings on the display.
Website
smihaialex   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 07:44am
Member No: #1031
Interesting! Seems like the colour C type display of a C4. And by the sound of it it's the petrol C6, right?

Cheers,
Sam
kniuk   
Mon Dec 16 2013, 10:22am
Member No: #1287
I think that Magnetti Marelli (RT3,RT4,RT5) did not provided Japanease maps, so Citroen had to put different navigation, without integrating it with cars features, like radio, faults, doors open, etc. That's why they needed "Ecran C coleur". I bet navigation is not accesible via Lexia at all.
My theory might be proven on service.citroen.com, which states different
navigation for japanease market.

Maybe we will see somebody from Japan on this forum one day

P.S.
Color is indeed awesome (I have C5 X7 in mativoire, which I love a lot)

Regards,
Jacek
vargo   
Tue Dec 17 2013, 12:52am
Member No: #1310
I think the extra lcd display is put in on the video as an extra "CG" computer graphics & as such is not really installed in the car..
Thats only my openion though

Cheers
Zed
Stealth   
Tue Dec 17 2013, 01:28am
I can just make out what appears to be an image on, let's call it the 'vent screen', at 42 seconds - a typical put your seat belt on command.

Also, later in the video, the main display does seem to show the navigation screen with streets visible.

So it doesn't quite seem to be an LCD screen added to deal with no Japanese navigation feature.
smihaialex   
Tue Dec 17 2013, 07:39am
Member No: #1031
@kniuk: very plausible. I subscribe.

Cheers,
Sam
michaelb   
Tue Dec 17 2013, 04:38pm
Member No: #14
From the comments on the OP's link:

Actually JDM C6s come standard with JDM spec HDD navigation system Don't know which company makes that system though Similarly, some JDM Peugeot models (eg. 407) have modified center consoles to house JDM HDD navigation with 1DIN size audio head unit, courtesy of Pioneer
David K   
Fri Dec 20 2013, 11:18pm
Member No: #42
This is definitely a special arrangement for the japanese market.
If you look close to the mid console, you can see that it is the "non-navigator" console. And the display where the vents usually are, is the normal "non-navigator" display in a very different position. I've never seen that before, but looks pretty cool.

I guess the navigator screen can not show any of the car information, so that's why they have had to do like this. You can also see the remote control for the navigator screen, so the screen is very much likely to be totally separated from the BSI.

No wonder the C6 cost a lot to produce for Citroën with special solutions like this.
But believe me, the C6 will be seen as an icon in the near future.
Stealth   
Sun Dec 22 2013, 01:58am
David K wrote ...

But believe me, the C6 will be seen as an icon in the near future.

You got that right!
vargo   
Thu Jan 02 2014, 02:08am
Member No: #1310
michaelb..do you have a Masarati ??
michaelb   
Thu Jan 09 2014, 10:30am
Member No: #14
vargo wrote ...

michaelb..do you have a Masarati ??

Yes, QP V.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club