sphere type

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citrohanc6   
Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:48pm
Member No: #329

dear all,
please can someone confirm that the shown sphere with orifice is a accumulater (extra) sphere to be placed upon the stiffness regulator in the wheelarch at front?
I'm confused by the small orifice can it act as a buffer?

regards & tia
Winus

gmerry   
Thu Jul 25 2013, 07:26am
Member No: #21
Hi Winus, I only have practical experience with a Diesel V6 (same hydraulics on both Diesel capacities and the petrol V6).

None of the V6 spheres have any orifice at all. However the 2.2 spheres apparently have damping at each corner controlled by the orifice within each sphere. Maybe they also have damping within the stiffness sphere via an orifice there as well.

Have you checked out the Suplex catalogue: that has quite a bit of information.

Regards
G
gmerry   
Thu Jul 25 2013, 07:48am
Member No: #21
Hi Winus, I've posted an extract from IFHS catalogue (valid 2011) which shows that the C6 with 2.2 4 pot engine has a different front stiffnesss sphere to the V6s. The precharge pressure is the same 70 bar which probably means that the 2.2 has integral damping (orifice) unlike the V6s which do not.

Regards
G

summary, for your 2.2, the front stiffness regulator should be 70 bar pressure and deducing that it should also have an orifice (different part numberto V6 stiffness regulator sphere which does not), you have the correct sphere
citrohanc6   
Thu Jul 25 2013, 08:28pm
Member No: #329
thanks Gerry,

for the idea to look in the suplex catalogue. Stupid of me cos the download is in the docs section of my mac.
As the IFHS, the suplex also mentions a damper: the D in the abbraviation CD 1.

Winus

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club