Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

RT3 will not read sat nav disks - fix, replace or upgrade?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
reedam   
Sun Jun 30 2013, 10:26pm
Member No: #782
My RT3 unit has stopped reading sat nav disks. The local dealer checked a few things but only suggested it was "a fault" that new units are "very expensive" and but that there are people online who claim to be able to fix these things.

So I was wondering:

1. Does anybody have experience of any of the folk online who claim to be able to fix RT3 units? e.g. - Click Here -

2. Does anybody know how much a new or refurbished RT3 might cost?

3. I read some of the other threads that suggest an upgrade to RT5 with hi-res screen might be possible, so maybe I should take this opportunity to do that - but roughly what might that cost?!

Sorry if the answers to these are already posted, but I couldn't find them!

Thanks for any advice or info you can share.
C6Dave   
Mon Jul 01 2013, 07:56am

Member No: #1
That Contact link is m3mpower here on site so yes is reliable and can answer all of your questions
Website
olep   
Wed Jul 03 2013, 10:50am
Member No: #160
My RT3 also had the same problem two years ago. In my case, it turned out to be caused by bad wiring. A screw driver and some re-soldering solved the problem in less than an hour in a local TV & radio-service shop. The shop was recommended by my local Citroen-garage. They just took the unit out and according to the technician the fault was easy to locate.... Since then I have had no problems with the RT3.
eduardomaio   
Wed Jul 03 2013, 10:00pm
Member No: #869
Have you tried using a cleaning cd? Mine was having a few issues, slow reading and then not reading at all.

With a cleaning cd mine started to read the satnav cd again and loads it very fast. Maybe worth a shot?
Website
reedam   
Tue Jul 23 2013, 10:23pm
Sorry for the lack of response.

eduardomaio - I tried a cleaning CD - the RT3 can tell it has tracks and play them, but no sound at all (which there is when I put the cleaning CD into a workng CD player). I ran it a couple of times, and it seemed to remove a lot of dirt, but no joy. Thanks for the suggestion though.

So next step is to send the unit off to m3mpower who thinks it should be a straight-forward fix - I just have to find a couple of weeks when I won't use the car much, as I assume some stuff won't work without the RT3 in place.

I'll post an update when it's (hopefully!) fixed.

C6Dave   
Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:30am

Member No: #1
Only thing that may not work with the head unit removed is the parking sensors. I ran my C4 for 2 weeks when the head unit was away for repair.
Website
reedam   
Sun Sep 01 2013, 02:15pm
So, was sat in my C6 about to make the long drive home from our holiday, waiting for my wife so had a few minutes spare, and I idly popped the Sat Nav into the slot. Not sure why I thought anything different would happen, but lo and behold - it worked! And it continues to work - fingers crossed!

So, whether the earlier cleaning worked but with a delay, or maybe the intense heat of the Languedoc made some difference, I suspect I'll never know, but anyway, all is well with my Sat Nav again, phew!

Thanks all for your suggestions and input.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club