C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Hello

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Julian   
Fri Jun 28 2013, 09:21pm
Member No: #1346
I am in the market for a used C6 – preferably a V6 diesel Exclusive.

Budget is £7k plus whatever I can get for my 04 C5 2,2 HDi with 95k miles.

I looked at two C6s today – both V6 diesels – a Lignage and an Exclusive. The former was sensibly priced but had four different tyres (all unknown makes), condensation in the front and rear light clusters on the nearside and when I wound down the windows, the two front ones wouldn't close. No NaviDrive either and it had done 2000 miles more than the ad claimed.

The Exclusive was high mileage (85k) and had a number of scuffs and was overpriced – although it drove nicely enough.

The salesman (this was a Mazda outlet) told me "…they are fitted with pneumatic suspension just like the Range Rover…" and "…the V6 powers BMWs…" I let him continue with the bovine excrement until we talked money and then I corrected his assertions and gave him my bona fides…

In a former era, he would have been called a spiv.

So, apart from this and the obvious places like Autotrader, where do I go from here?

Julian Marsh

Trainman   
Sun Jun 30 2013, 06:23pm

Member No: #86
Welcome Julian, I've just got back from the Date rally, I will dig the list of stuff out for you over the next couple of days.
darrell   
Tue Jul 02 2013, 07:27pm
Member No: #699
I think I saw the same two cars on Sunday - was it "Mazda UK" in Reading? If so, it was the Exclusive with the 4 different (worn) tyres (yes it was scuffed and condensation in the lights) - perhaps they have they been swapping things around on the cars?!

The passenger window in the black Lignage did not drop when opening the door - but I reset the anti-pinch, same procedure as on the C5, that sorted it out. The Lignage also had a cracked rear nearside light housing.

Did you drive the Lignage? What did you make of it?

Thanks,
Darrell

Stealth   
Fri Jul 05 2013, 09:34pm
Member No: #986
Yeah, pneumatic suspension, 'just like the range rover'... Hilarious!
Julian   
Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:00am
Strange - I thought I had replied...
Yes Darrell - it was the Mazda dealer - and it sounds like they have been swopping things around...
I only drove the Exclusive.
citrohanc6   
Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:35pm
Member No: #329
Hi Julian, what a surprise to see you here.

We (Arthur, you and I) talked outside Citromobile in Holland in may next to the lignage about all the documents that Slough had thrown away....

This meeting also solves a little problem for me as I intentionally decided to compliment you on your article in CitroExpert; SO as we say in the Netherlands: "waarvan akte".

Concerning C6-choise, I am of no help due orientation of that steering wheel but what comes to mind is what MichelAngelo said on making sculptures: you start as master of the process but end up as slave of your choises and in the end the "only" task is to finish it.

Winus
Julian   
Thu Jul 11 2013, 09:56pm
Winus
Thanks. Send me an email via my website - Citroenet.
Julian   
Mon Sep 02 2013, 02:32pm
Well, I have taken the plunge and agreed to buy Shaun Lilley's car. All being well, I will pick it up later this week.
e3steve   
Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:29pm
Member No: #1163
Where in Hants are you, Julian?
Trainman   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 08:04am

Member No: #86
Julian wrote ...

Well, I have taken the plunge and agreed to buy Shaun Lilley's car. All being well, I will pick it up later this week.

Julian, Shaun's is probably one of the best out there, I know he's spent a ton of money on getting it right. Oh and to C6 ownership
BruceB   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 11:56am
Member No: #234
e3steve wrote ...
When I started lurking here, nearly 3 years ago now, it seemed that almost every other C6 owner lived in (broadly) the north-west. It appears that the bias is moving rapidly towards Hampshire. So, are we southerners becoming more discerning, and less in thrall to German badge-work, or are you northerners merely dumping your old cast-off toys onto us?

At least we are only half as far as you from Rennes.
drummond   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:21pm
Member No: #238
Guessing game! I think Selborne...
Julian   
Tue Sep 03 2013, 09:42pm
Trainman wrote ...

Julian wrote ...

Julian, Shaun's is probably one of the best out there, I know he's spent a ton of money on getting it right. Oh and to C6 ownership

It _is_ immaculate. Picking it up tomorrow. Really rather excited...
Julian   
Wed Sep 04 2013, 07:23am
e3steve wrote ...

A village near Andover.
Hattershaun   
Wed Sep 04 2013, 02:31pm
Member No: #320
Waiting at the train station to collect the new owner.
I'm happy it's going to another enthusiast and will continue to be seen at Citroen Car Club gatherings.
I'm sure I'll have another C6 in the future.
Now to get on with rebuilding my SM engine.

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club