C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Confused.c6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
drummond   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 05:44pm
Member No: #238
This site has given the c6 a black mark for reliability- it's in the bottom six. I wonder where they get their information from? One or two drivers, or is it that they've got the marks from those who've spent £not a lot on their cars?

Mind you, the Bentley is also down there- who has a new Bentley and actually worries about the cost of servicing?
magicands   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 05:56pm
Member No: #1021
When you say "This Site" do you mean "This Site" or did you fail to put the link in?

From where I stand i would say that the Six is unreliable, I have never before worried about whats going to fail on my previous cars but with my C6 I am constantly aware that something is just around the corner, and guess what, the car never proves me wrong.
It could be something silly or major, you just never know.
Anyway, I'm sticking with it so here's to the next failure!!!
Website
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 06:39pm

Member No: #1
Failing to start, breaking down would be an 'unreliabity' black mark, worn supension parts wouldn't as thet are 'waer and tear' items so who defines (and how) 'reliability'

There aren't that many users on this site whose car has actually let them down because it was un-driveable.
Website
magicands   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 07:08pm
Gearbox faults, TPMS blow outs are all what I would class as unreliability issues, as well as the onboard computer telling you STOP as something has failed.
The problem with the C6 is that there aren't that many of them so it only takes a few to break down for that to become a large percentage of the number produced.
If it were manufactured in, lets say Mondeo numbers I reckon the failure rate would be cataclysmic, but that's only my (and I am entitled to it) opinion
Website
Tudor1   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 07:35pm
Member No: #633
My C6 is very reliable, i bought it 2011, only one leak LDS (Small one) and two bulbs in four years.
No winter driving only summer (7 month) , 12000 km. Oil and filter every year

Citroen C6 2,7 V6 Exl Silvermet 2007
Tjensen   
Tue Apr 28 2015, 04:16am
Member No: #954
Never had a reliability problem with the C6. But wheels bearings and some suspension parts could have lasted longer
Cisco   
Tue Apr 28 2015, 05:53am
Member No: #1429
Not what you want to read if you are thinking about a C6 and can't fix it yourself.

- Click Here -

C6Dave   
Tue Apr 28 2015, 06:36am

Well that's a marketing tool for Warranty Direct to try and encourage buyers to take out a policy with them, how unbiased or reliable can that be Cisco?
Website
drummond   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 08:02am
Member No: #238
Nah, Magicands, the title says it all- too subtle for some, eh

The gearbox, we know about, and the use of Peugeot bits on the front is also known. The huge prices from Citroen dealers and the "what's that, then?" from some, are also factors in their demise- I go to Forge Motors in Cookham for all my C6 travails, and have never had to pay much. The most expensive was the air conditioning radiator, which was covered by guarantee.
C6Dave   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 10:32am

Maybe they are confusing things with the Corvette C6........
Website
magicands   
Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:14am
drummond wrote ...

Nah, Magicands, the title says it all- too subtle for some, eh

The title is that subtle I can't see it
Website
Trainman   
Thu Apr 30 2015, 04:47am

Member No: #86
magicands wrote ...
Anyway, we are

That would be a change.......NOT

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club