C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Boot luggage net

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Fri Dec 04 2009, 04:30pm

Member No: #1
So we know the C6 doesn't have a luggage net, or the means to secure one, which means the shopping etc. moves around a bit so I thought I would do something about it.

Rather than drill holes in the car body I decided to do the same as my wifes Peugeot 207cc and simply add a small net to the removable floor liner

That required 4 'D-Rings', (picture opposite) which I sourced from a local hardware shop, pop rivets, washers and a net.

Next you need to remove the floor liner.

This is secured by 2 push on clips, one at each side of the boot at the rear. You will need a screwdriver to pop them up

One removed you can feel the extent of the inner core which is basically chipboard which has a rubberised foam coating on the back and 'carpet' glued to the front.

You need to mark out where your going to put the d-rings.

Then carefully cut a small flap in the carpet and peel it back - it's a bit tricky but careful use of a Stanley knife will release it from the glue

Then, drill a hole where your going to rivet the d-ring in place

Next rivet the d-ring into place from the top side making sure that you add a washer on the reverse to spread the load over a wider area.

Once you have riveted the rings in place, glue the carpet flaps back down with a bit of super glue, replace the floor liner and pin it down

Finally attach your net.

Mine comes from a Citroen C4 and is a nice size for shopping.

I have a larger one I got for £2.00 from Lidl once which I can use if I need to secure anything larger but as it's only attached to the floor liner you need to be carefull. I may need to add another pair of d-rings for that though.

The whole exercise took about 30-40 minutes

Just a pity that Citroen didn't do it in the first place

An alternative would be to get the net from a Volvo S40 which is only about6" deep and attach that to the rear plastic moulding in the boot
Website
tonyrome   
Sun Dec 06 2009, 01:16pm
Member No: #15
Sounds like a professionally executed job you've done there, Dave. I may have a go at that at some point. As you say, why on earth didn't Citroen think to fit one in the first place?! Seeing your umbrella pictured diagonally reminds me that a full size one doesn't fit 'front to back' in the boot, along one side, which is rather disappointing.
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 06 2009, 05:17pm

That's true, mine usually rolled to the back making it a pain to reach!

All sorted now though.
Website
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 08 2010, 07:05am

There is now a solution available from Citroen, Part 9414EE Boot Shim. Haven't seen them but looks like they simply stick in the carpet floor anywhere you want to restrain an item:

Website
verycleverman   
Mon Aug 09 2010, 08:38pm
Member No: #65
I've been using some 'crate corners' for over twenty years now. I bought them when I was living in Luxembourg where they buy a lot of crates of beer! They are like the corner of a box, about 1" high, 3" in each direction and with the bottom covered in spikes. They are held in place by the weight of the load and you use one on each of two opposing corners. I'll post a picture when I have my camera with me.

I have since tried, unsuccessfully, to buy some more but have been unable to find any. Maybe tonyrome could shed some light - I bought them in Batiself.

Pete.
verycleverman   
Fri Aug 13 2010, 09:59pm
verycleverman wrote ...

I'll post a picture when I have my camera with me.

Pete.

Not too clear, but you should get the idea.

Pete.
Trainman   
Fri Aug 13 2010, 10:15pm

Member No: #86
I think I've actually seen something similar on fruit and veg boxes in the supermarket. I'll have a shufftie when I next go in....
verycleverman   
Fri Aug 13 2010, 10:45pm
Trainman wrote ...

I think I've actually seen something similar on fruit and veg boxes in the supermarket. I'll have a shufftie when I next go in....

It would be good to find a supply, I often wish I'd bought a few more when they were available.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 14 2010, 07:00am

Surprisingly there only £13.41 inc Vat from Citroen when I checked this morning
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club