C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Service milage indication lowering faster than expected

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
travlician   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 12:21pm
Member No: #350
Ultimately I noticed the service milage indication indicating less milage before service than I expect. The car was serviced in march 2012 and set to severe driving conditions in Lexia as the climate is warm and dusty and the fact that the car is mainly doing short trips.

This results in a service milage indication of 20,000 kilometers directly after service. I've driven 9,000 kilometers since service and would expect the service milage indication to indicate 11,000 km but it is currently at 5,000 kilometers.

So, my question is, what (other than driven distance since service) is influencing this indication? I remember having read something somewhere but can't rememeber what and where. Maybe I need to use other enige oil, I used Mobil 1 ESP 5W-40 (average temp here is between 25 en 35 centigrade)? Or is the software interpreting the short trips and therefore reducing the service interval dynamicly?

Ant thoughts?
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 03:06pm

Member No: #1
The service indicator, as far as I am aware is not 'intelligent'

It simply counts down the miles from the last reset to a predetermined figure set in the BSI or by the date (2 years)
Website
travlician   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 04:04pm
Member No: #350
Hm, if that's the case there appears to be some algorithm that takes time into account. Since the service regime is set to severe conditions, the service interval will be 1 year in stead of 3 and since that's approaching may be the cause of lowering faster than just by the distance driven.

I was aware for about two weeks that the counter was going down app. 100 km per day and since I drive 800 a month I already felt that is was strange. Calculating 100 km per day I get somewhere near the date of one year after the last service so that may well be it.

I'd just like to rule out some effect of e.g. oil quality measuring which I know is done by some Mercs.
bigmario   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 04:20pm
It 's like saying C6dave, I also initially thought that there was a program for the calculation, but then I realized that depends only on the kilometers traveled and the remaining time (average 2 years).

It 's all easier than I imagined ...
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 04:57pm

Member No: #1
travlician wrote ...

I'd just like to rule out some effect of e.g. oil quality measuring which I know is done by some Mercs.

You can rule it out, the C6 doesn't have anything as sophisticated as that
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club