C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Suspension "Lower" button doesn't

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
diyjoke   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 12:22am
Member No: #354
Had my winter tyres fitted recently so put the suspension into High position (and took the cap off the fluid tank). When the wheels/tyres were all back on, engine running and slowly lowered off the jacks I pressed the "Lower" button and nothing happened.

A bit of overzealous button prodding only caused the button holder to depress into the surround. Had to drive the car over 26mph to get it to lower itself. So, two questions:

1) Any likely cause for the button not working (wire fallen off the back?)

2) How do I retrieve the button.

The raise button and the sport button still work.

How much do I have to dismantle to get at it - it doesn't look straightforward to me to access this part from underneath to push it back into its normal place.

Bearing in mind this is a manual car, if that makes any difference to the access?

Kind regards,
Martin
darrell   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 12:54am
Member No: #699
Unfortunately, I don't know how to remove the panel/retrieve the button, but mine can be a little unresponsive - a bit of compressed air around the edges of the button seemed to help - dirty switch?
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 09:29am

Member No: #1
Pressing the raise and lower buttons doesn't always get an instantaneous response.

You have to have some patience and wait a bit for the process to complete, although applying a few revs to the engine when in 'raise' does help on my car.

There is a thread on site ref accessing the switches as 1 members buttons didn't illuminate - Click Here -
Website
Tjensen   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 11:21am
Member No: #954
Agree with Dave, maybe not the button at all: this system is slow and patience is needed, but the car will react to driving with correct adjustment. My feeling is that there are several factors: Button pressing response is dependent on what else the systen is doing (complicated priorities in the bus system ?)and the system is itself slow to adapt. The old and simple mechanical system of DS, CX, XM was faster and more predictable. But in those days you could easily forget adjustment and drive along to high or too low.
smihaialex   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 08:47pm
Member No: #1031
I also noticed that Audi's airmatic suspension (air only, no LDS) is waaay quicker to react - its reaction is almost instantaneous, it raises both front and back at the same time and the raise itself is also very fast - it doesn't begin now and end 3-5 seconds later, it's boom! up, boom! down...

Cheers,
Sam
mark28   
Sat Nov 23 2013, 08:08am
Member No: #102
My button was slow and then it packed up. Replaced about 18 months ago and has been perfect since.
ChrisHunter   
Sat Nov 23 2013, 09:37am
Member No: #188
we find it's the lack of feedback that's the issue - push the button, and it's only when job is done that any information comes back (unless there happen to be a convenient visual cue looking out) ...
cruiserphil   
Sat Nov 23 2013, 08:15pm

Member No: #38
But Sam,

An Audi is not a Citroen. That's why you own a Citroen!!

Regards,

Phil C.
smihaialex   
Sat Nov 23 2013, 10:21pm
Member No: #1031
Yes Phil, I know! Love Citroens, Audis, not so much... And besides, one Audi airmatic air cushion costs 10 times the price of a Citroen C6 sphere

Also, after replacing the suspension hp pump, raising the car is definitely faster, and yes, now it does what you told me it should do - it adjusts height after unlocking the car...

Cheers,
Sam
diyjoke   
Sat Dec 14 2013, 05:27pm
Member No: #354
I've been off the PC for a while - broadband issues. The button used to work as I had to raise and lower the car getting it on/off the drive and it did need patience but it would nevertheless lower the car. Sadly nowadays nothing happens on the button and I have to drive above the relevant speed to get it to lower automatically.
I still haven't had a proper look at this yet, neither have I got the gearstick cover off and prised out the switch to put it back in the proper position.
will report back though when accomplished (or otherwise).
Regards,
Martin

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club