Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BruceB   
Tue Nov 27 2012, 06:22pm
Member No: #234
wrote ...

Could be as simple as dirty contacts.

It may well be bad form round here to reply to yourself, but ...

I have just brought my 2.7L down from the vendor. Guess what: the passenger seat doesn't work. At all. No function in any direction, and no lights showing on the switches. My first thought was the fuse, but that appears to be intact.

I say appears because the fusebox is not the same way round as in the manual, it's dark and I've just driven about 500 miles so am feeling slightly ragged. I'll tackle it in the morning, but if anybody has any bright ideas ...

Still, it was a delightful experience nursing it back south. It's everything that everyone here has described. So far I'm very happy with the purchase, and if it needs a whole new switch assembly well the fault-finding budget will cover it.

I'm only disappointed as I have to give a friend a lift to Gatwick in the morning. Ah well, if she doesn't like the extreme rake of the seat ... she'll just have to try out the lounge pack!
smihaialex   
Mon Dec 03 2012, 04:19pm
Member No: #1031
No one answered my question yet so I decided to also do an oil + filters change and a cam belt + water pump change... After this, the car will be brand new
smihaialex   
Sat Dec 08 2012, 03:53pm
Status update:

- replaced 2 suspension pipes
- replaced one steering pipe
- replaced 2 cooling system pipes
- replaced cooling system thermostat plastic casing
- replaced tap on expansion tank (cooling liquid tank)
- replaced windshield cleaning liquid tap
- replaced engine plastic undercarriage sound proofing protection
- replaced ball-joints
- replaced front & rear brake pads
- replaced LDS
- replaced oil (5W30 TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 INEO ECS)
- replaced cooling liquid
- replaced oil filter
- replaced diesel filter
- replaced air filter
- replaced polen filter
- replaced 2 TPMS sensor valves
- replaced 3 LDWS sensors
- replaced LDWS dashboard button
- replaced steering wheel buttons
- replaced left B pillar interior ornament
- restored alloys
- fitted new winter tyres (225/55 R17 101XL Falken EW HS449)
- repaired (reinitialised) electrochromatic interior rearview mirror
- replaced battery (Varta E38)
- replaced key case(s)

The only (minor) things that are NOT working right now are:

- LDWS doesn't signal (vibrate) when departing lanes towards the left, just the right
- the right exterior rearview mirror doesn't go dark when the back auto's headlights hit it
- the driver seat height adjustment isn't working

I'm also thinking of doing a maintenance cam belt & water pump replacing

Other than that, the car is perfect... More pics coming soon

Thank you,
Sam

michaelb   
Sat Dec 08 2012, 04:48pm
Member No: #14
smihaialex wrote ...

Status update:

- replaced 2 suspension pipes
- replaced one steering pipe..................

Whao. That's some list. The car should feel like new and should be thanking you for such care.

Do you mind sharing with us: how much did it cost?
C6Dave   
Sat Dec 08 2012, 06:11pm

Member No: #1
@smihaialex Check the LDS sensors under the car, there in a pretty vulnerable place and could need a good clean along with the wiring connectors.
Website
smihaialex   
Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:14am
Sure thing @michaelb:

- replaced 2 suspension pipes - one was 180£, the other 120£
- replaced one steering pipe - 290£
- replaced 2 cooling system pipes - one was 160£ and the other about 60£
- replaced cooling system thermostat plastic casing - about 60£
- replaced tap on expansion tank (cooling liquid tank) - 4£
- replaced windshield cleaning liquid tap - 6£
- replaced engine plastic undercarriage sound proofing protection - 140£
- replaced ball-joints - about 260£
- replaced front & rear brake pads - about 190£
- replaced front wheel ball bearings - 170£ for the pair
- replaced LDS - 20£
- replaced oil (5W30 TOTAL QUARTZ 9000 INEO ECS) - 45£
- replaced cooling liquid - 20£
- replaced oil filter - 13£
- replaced diesel filter - 19£
- replaced air filter - 21£
- replaced polen filter - 22£
- replaced 2 TPMS sensor valves - 140£
- replaced 3 LDWS sensors - 420£
- replaced LDWS dashboard button - 21£
- replaced steering wheel buttons - 100£
- replaced left B pillar interior ornament - 80£
- restored alloys - 90£
- fitted new winter tyres (225/55 R17 101XL Falken EW HS449) - 400£
- repaired (reinitialised) electrochromatic interior rearview mirror - 36£
- replaced battery (Varta E38) - 85£
- replaced key case(s) - 12£ for both keys

The above are just the parts prices. All parts were Citroën original parts (except for the battery & the winter tyres, of course). All work done was an additional 700£.

So, a grand total of 3,884£ (if my calculations are correct, and I think they are

And yes, the car does feel like brand new (except for the minor things mentioned earlier)...

On the plus side, I took the car for a drive around the city last night for 50 miles or so, and the LDWS seems to be working just fine now - signals both left and right lane departing Yaaay!

I also bought a large can of WD-40 but I didn't yet figure out where I should I some of it in order to unlock the height adjustment of the driver's seat. Could anyone of you guys maybe post a picture indicating the exact spot where to spray

Thank you,
Sam

PS: I don't know about everything else, but if any of you guys want to change the casing of your keys, I can hook you up - they're cheap and make the keys look brand new
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 09 2012, 02:50pm

Your better off getting some Bilt Hamber 'Ferrasol' rather than WD40 - Click Here -

Much better and more useful as it can be used to protect the alloy parts of the suspension in the engine bay as well as a lubricant/penetrating spray
Website
smihaialex   
Sun Dec 09 2012, 10:37pm
Does it smell better than WD-40?!? If yes, I'm sold
smihaialex   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 07:23am
Hi guys,

Happy to let you know that yesterday, Jax (my 2007 2.7 V6 HDi Exclusive C6) passed the MOT. I know have a very short list of to dos:
- headlight washer jets don't work
- LDWS works on and off when "departing" towards the left, always works to the right
- right side rearview mirror electrochrome function works on & off (mostly off)
- driver seat height adjustment not working (stuck)

I know that probably in UK it wouldn't have passed the MOT because of the headlight washers not working, but here, they didn't even mention it

On a side note, after carefully reading the service manual, I've decided not to have the cam belt replaced until the next service-up (that's 30.000 Km or December 2014)...

Keep you updated.

Thank you,
Sam
smihaialex   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 01:47pm
Quick update:

- headlight washer jets fully operational - Check!
- LDWS - Check!
- right side rearview mirror electrochrome function - Check!

I also had the brake fluid changed - 2 years would have been up in June (I think), but I didn't know if the previous owner had changed it regularly, so I just went for it

Now, I can finally rest... The car is in impecable shape. I'm happy!

Cheerios,
Sam
smihaialex   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 09:34am
Hi guys,

Got my license plates this week... Pretty happy about that! What do you think of my license plates, ha?!?

I have also scheduled an appointment at my local Citroën service shop to update the suspension/gearbox/engine software, only if necessary of course. Thanks @Dave and all the "contributors" for this website and for the documents - I would have probably never found out about this had it not been seriously documented by you guys...

I must admit that there's no pitching - I absolutely looove the car's ride, but the update document also said something about "eliminating the actuator noise when dropping of a kerb" and this is something that I would be very very happy with, because I have noticed that whenever reaching a road imperfection that forces the wheel to go downwards and not upwards - something like a hole, or ridge, or dropping off a kerb, not a bump, there is a loud sound, like a mid-range pitched thump or something like that and if the update makes that go away, it will be worth every penny...

Do you guys get that noise?!? It's something very specific that I've never heard on any other car and it's more apparent when making the ride higher and driving on a poor road - it's something like fomp! fomp!

In other news, my office BMW's lease contract will expire end of January, so I will be giving it back and I don't know if and when I might get a replacement, so I will soon be driving Jax on a daily basis and I must admit that I'm pretty happy about that Can't wait!

That's it for now... I'll get back to you after I hit the service shop on Tuesday and let you know how it went.

Cheerios,
Sam

C6Dave   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 10:02am

smihaialex wrote ...

I must admit that there's no pitching - I absolutely looove the car's ride, but the update document also said something about "eliminating the actuator noise when dropping of a kerb" and this is something that I would be very very happy with, because I have noticed that whenever reaching a road imperfection that forces the wheel to go downwards and not upwards - something like a hole, or ridge, or dropping off a kerb, not a bump, there is a loud sound, like a mid-range pitched thump or something like that and if the update makes that go away, it will be worth every penny...

Do you guys get that noise?!? It's something very specific that I've never heard on any other car and it's more apparent when making the ride higher and driving on a poor road - it's something like fomp! fomp!

I'm assuming that as my car is a 2009 build it has the software modification, but I still occasionally get that noise going over a 'speed bump' in the road if I don't hit it quite right.

It may be something that will always be there in the C6 as the suspension quickly compensates for the dropping wheel
Website
smihaialex   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 10:35am
@Dave: I agree! That sound will never completely go away - it's intrinsic of the Hydractive suspension. Unfortunately, Romanian roads are full of "imperfections" and "occasionally" turns into "daily", so even if the update doesn't make it go away (simply because it can't), but only makes it a bit better, I will be a very happy Citroënista
drummond   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 03:12pm
Member No: #238
I drove my DS last níght, and I'd forgotten what real wafting is all about. The Hydractive is ok, but ís too compromised. The DS goes over the dreaded humps as if they are not there.

I'm inclined to pity the man in the BMW who was followíng me over the hump in Bray, thóugh...
Tjensen   
Fri Jan 18 2013, 03:28pm
Member No: #954
Yes, both DS and CX had the ability to float over bumps, especially at some speed. XM and C6 is a bit more compromised, but still has the flowing feeling and some small ocean-like movements. With the 6' I have started to slow down before reaching speed bumps. Not quite Citroen-like......
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club