Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 overhauled. Any advice regarding these Lexia issues?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nickyg   
Mon Sep 24 2012, 11:51pm
Member No: #100
Hello again everyone!

For a number of weeks now I've been busy on and off overhauling the C6 between periods working away from home, trying to bring her back up towards peak condition.

As some of you may remember, I had issues with a horribly inaccessible water inlet flange cracking and leaking coolant. Also a knackered ball joint had made mincemeat out of the inside edge of my tyre in very little time, had a puncture which in turn caused an LDS pressure/return issue (due to, I assume, the height/pressure difference associated with the tyre deflated) resulting an egress of LDS through what I since have found was an ever worsening opening of the seam along the manufactured centre pressing of the tank. These issues were discussed in a previous post, so I hope this further info will answer some things left up in the air.

Further to this (costs included here), I have:
-Replaced the Aux belt £13
-Flushed the coolant system and refilled £30
-Totally renewed the braking apparatus with Mtec dimpled and grooved black coated discs and ferodo premier pads as well as completely disassembling, refurbing and painting the calipers and carriers(will post up a pic after) £245 all in (Mtec are a local company to me, a good price gained!)
-Fitted new frip ball joints (OEM made by SKF) £25, ebay vigilance!
-Filled the eolys tank with 3 litres volvo eolys176 (same stuff, half the price) £50
-Changed brake fluid to ATE super blue and bled, including the secondary Lexia stage, £16 per litre (1 litre done me perfectly, though I did buy another 1 litre can) Used a Gunsons eezibleed to help.
-Changed oil, flushed and refilled, renewed oil filters (2 stages here, both with total ineo ecs and mahle oil filters (£6 each Eurocarparts on offer) I have lots of this oil now! 30 litres for £120 delivered to my door.
-New OEM fuel filter, and bled (thanks for the advice there, cruiserphil!) £11 ebay. bought 2.
-New air filter (OEM) £5. Bought 4! ebay again
-New premium OEM pollen filter £4. Again bought 4. ebay.
-New battery (Varta Silver H3) £105 delivered to N Ireland
-Repaired damaged Vac pipes that run across top of oil filter (not sure of the success of this as of yet, though. Not tested as of today) £free (Replacement part is the entire arrangement equaling well over £100!)
-Also repaired intercooler return pipe which I split accessing the aux belt. May buy new one though, as it might still relate to Lexia issues below,

When I get my next window of opportunity (5 or 6 free hours) currently I am set up to swap out the LDS tank and cap (£42 for my new one, don't also buy a new cap like I did, only to open the box and find the tank comes with it!) At this time I will also be fitting my 3 new front spheres (£155) I'm pretty certain the 70 bar one behind the osf wheel is knackered, and when drained and depressurised, I won't get a better opportunity.

Also, the bumper is half off, ready to detach and I have disassembled the ballast from my old headlight which had a height motor issue, ready for a renewal of both bulbs to Osram Cool Blue Intense.(£114 pair) One bulb has failed, and I've done my research and am wholly satisfied these were the very best D2S around at the minute. The spare ballast (and spare igniter) is sitting ready to swap out in case I find that to be the problem area. Hopefully not.

Also, I have made up new LED "switchback" lamp units to fit where the DRL and indicator lamp unit is (a swap). I'm hopeful this experiment will work, and I know some may be interested if it does. They look very impressive working on the bench with a 12v supply to them!

This post is getting rather long, and I still have another paragraph or two I need to squeeze in, but I hope some of you will be interested. I am more than willing to assist the community with anything I may have learned from the aforementioned escapades, and the few remaining ones to be completed!

Regarding my Lexia themed thread title, I have finally had a few hours playing with Lexia on the C6, after I got all up and running and repaired my xp netbook.

I have the following issues:

No communication with multifunction screen ECU( its an RT3)
Same for Suspension category in Lexia (Variable Damping category has communication, though)
Was able to work through and clear faults, except in the Injection SID_201 category, which prompted me for some mileage details and dealer specifics (this is from memory only, but suffice to say it's not playing ball) I am very keen to get to the bottom of this, especially, as I need the codes below cleared, in order to make progress. They are:

p0299. Permanent fault. Turbo pressure signal. Turbo pressure measured too low / turbo pressure setting.
p2279. Permanent fault. Turbo pressure signal. Pressure too low for engine torque and engine speed (leak after turbo).
p1457. Permanent fault. Exhaust differential pressure sensor signal. Particle filter or sensor absent.

The above two likely still relate to the aforementioned intercooler pipe. Due to the horrible access and poor visibility in reclamping after the Aux belt and water inlet flange repair I made a mistake in not having the clamping ridges quite aligned, and upon driving the pipe swiftly blew the seal provided by a jubilee on the air inlet manifold. I have remedied this now, but have actually not had a meaningful drive since, due to tinkering away. As i say, I really need these cleared and retested.

The last one. P1457. It must relate to a DPF FAP sensor. Most likely the differential pressure sensor part number 161809 (since superceded by 1618z9). Any thoughts on this? Two pressure pipes, before and after the DPF/FAP lead to an inlet and oulet on a sensor. I have had a quick rummage around this afternoon but it is not immeditely apparent to me where this sensor is located for cleaning or replacement. (It's number 7 on the diagram)

Well everyone, thanks for taking the time! Anything I can help with in any way regarding the items in first portion of the post, feel free to ask or even PM me. Any advice regarding the Lexia related issues in the latter part, please throw your hat into the ring!

Nicky

Tjensen   
Wed Sep 26 2012, 10:54am
Member No: #954
Thanks for all the practical advice. Makes me feel I can almost afford to keep the C6 in good shape, (even better when type numbers etc are included when you report your sucess on ebay etc)
cruiserphil   
Wed Sep 26 2012, 03:53pm

Member No: #38
Nicky G,

Any chance your P1457 is as a result of the turbo inlet pressure problem? I would fix your inlet pipe first and then check it again.

Regards,

Phil C.
nickyg   
Wed Sep 26 2012, 11:26pm
Thanks for the replies.

Phil, I still can't say for sure the turbo pipe repair is not good, as between being away and having the car in various states of disassembly, it hasn't got a good driving for a while. When I get the lds tank and spheres in that will be me finished for this occasion, and I'll test properly. Truth be told, I think I get where you're coming from, as I too feel a whole new pipe would put the matter to bed!

Ideally I need the codes clearing for a fresh slate, but I the injection menu threw up a roadblock of sorts when I attempted that.

I'm not around to check till the weekend but would be grateful if any other lexia owners could remember if that injection sub menu requires any special steps to wipe faults, or perhaps my lexia is not as comprehensive as others?

As regards p1457. It seems pretty definitively a dpf fap fault code. The description even makes specific mention of the differential pressure sensor, or fap being absent (the fap is there!) Not that I'm ruling out the possibility of being led on a wild goose chase by an ECU! Come to think of it the orange dashboard MIL had been on for a good while also. (no onscreen messages in that earlier period, though.)

If I knew where it was (and if it was handy) I think my local small Peugeot garage might do me a quick switch out with another sensor (identical part) to see if that remedies it before I buy one.

Also, any experiences on what can cause non communication with certain ECUs? Fuses? Perished wiring?

Thanks!
nickyg   
Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:52pm
Ok, one bit of good news, mostly cancelled out by bad news!

Good news. I've found where the dpf differential pressure sensor lives.

Bad news. It's truly a nightmare to attempt to change. (I haven't done it)

It's directly up and above the catalytic converter clipped onto the engine subframe, blocked by all manner of heat shields as well. Not to mention that the cat/exhaust has to be disconnected to get at it.

What a nightmare. I need to get it out and put in my replacement sensor to clear the aforementioned fault P1457. It is also where my orange dashboard lamp is emanating from. In addition to all this, from my reading, I am left with the impression that the dpf/fap additive and regeneration operations are compromised by this condition. Best case scenario being a kind of "guesswork" being undertaken by the ECUs with regards the additive and regeneration cycles. Worst case scenario being simply that the system does not perform at all (ie, no regeneration!)

Being that I know where the same sensor is located on various 307s, 407s, C4s and that they are all very, very easy to access, I am despondent at finding where they have put this thing on the C6.

Nicky

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club