Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

BLACK LIGNAGE - NOV 2008 MODEL

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Dave Mc   
Sat Apr 03 2010, 09:50pm
Member No: #64
I have found they are easier to see when you are turning a sharp corner after a straight, the lights move faster than the car and they do light up an area of road that standard light won't. You are right Pete, this feature does not work until the car is moving although it would be helpful if they did move while stationary.
Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 11:03am
Member No: #66
In that case, mine don't seem to be working ???

Do they need to be 'activated' . . . in/on the computer/system?
michaelb   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 11:53am
Member No: #14
Franglaisman wrote ...

Do they need to be 'activated' . . . in/on the computer/system?

I think so. Pls have a look at page 57

Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 12:17pm
Thank you
tonyrome   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 03:39pm
Member No: #15
Franglaisman wrote ...
I didn't notice any of this wind noise or road noise that others had mentioned

Your Chrysler must be very noisy, then . The wind noise comes from the wing mirrors and you have to be driving quite quickly for it to be significant. The road noise is there all the time with the 18s. Just had mine up to 120mph again on the Autobahn and, believe me, you'd have noticed plenty of noise if you had been the passenger...
Franglaisman   
Sun Apr 04 2010, 07:03pm
Nope!

Neither the Chrysler (nor my other 'modern' cars) nor the C6

Sorry to disappoint you.

P'raps I have my stereo louder than you.
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 08:02am

Member No: #1
I've had the car in the high 90's and personally didn't notice anything untoward regarding wind noise or road noise, nor did my passenger

Here in the UK the option of doing 120 would be dealt with quite severely so the chances of anyone doing it are slim and I would think that few of us will ever take the car to Germany anyway to test it so the comments are, to the majority of owners, irrelevant.
Website
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:48am
I had the cruise set on 95mph driving back through France and didn't notice any excess wind or road noise . . . no different to any other modern car and certainly nothing 'uncomfortable'.

As I posted in my first post - I'm a 'convert' (so far) . . . that's after driving mostly German and Yank stuff.

I *heart* my C6
tonyrome   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 11:30am
Member No: #15
Franglaisman wrote ...
Nope! Neither the Chrysler (nor my other 'modern' cars) nor the C6

Well, if you are running on the 18s with Michelins and you can't hear substantial road noise, either you're driving on glass roads or you need to check your ears for wax .
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 12:03pm
The French roads are pretty good . . . but by no means 'glass' . . . so I guess it must be my ears . . . eh? pardon?

I think we best just agree to differ on this - I'm happy, you're not . . . sometimes that's just the way it crumbles.
michaelb   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 12:37pm
Franglaisman wrote ...

I think we best just agree to differ on this - I'm happy, you're not . . . sometimes that's just the way it crumbles.

I think it varies from set to set. Trawling around the Net it seems Michelins have been subject of a recall because of premature cracking in the sidewalls - presumably caused by hardening. Hardening presumably is noisy.

The first time I test drove a C6 I remarked on the road noise within five minutes. When I bought mine the noise was still there but it became noticeably worse when I put new tyres on the back axle and moved the old back ones up front. No one, not even a hearing-aid user, would be in any doubt they are noisy. It's fairly obvious most of the noise is coming from the front.

It could be that you are lucky and have a batch which is less noisy.

Have you got an iPhone? Please download - Click Here - and measure it. I measured 84 dB average (which is fairly high - Wiki says anything over 78 dB causes hearing damage) at 134 kph on a glassy smooth French Autoroute.

At these speeds - which are fairly modest - I can't converse with a back seat passenger, neither of us can hear each other without shouting. I think that rates as noisy in anyone's book.
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 01:06pm
Again, I don't need an App or Db meter to tell me I'm happy - sorry.

I suspect my hearing isn't as good as that of a younger man (too much Rock 'n' Roll in my yoof), but I just asked the wife anyway (just in case I'm going mad) . . . she just said "It wasn't noisy."

I can't comment on your cars (Tony and Michael) . . . only mine. Again, no issues here - honestly.
michaelb   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 05:36pm
I'm not asking you to measure your car to try and prove to you that you should be unhappy with it. If you say you are happy with the levels then I'm sure you are. I'm just curious how there can be this discrepancy of experience. It's not just my own impression, I've had several passengers telling me my previous car was much quieter, I've mentioned the experience of having to raise our voices quite considerably at modest Autoroute speeds, I then went and measured it to get an empirical measurement and that told me it is indeed loud.

I would like to know if other C6s are giving different levels. I can't comment on your car, only mine. That's why I'm curious to hear some more empirical measurements. If there is a measurable difference I will take it up with Citroën.

I'm driving from the Alps to Touraine in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll pop by Limousin and we'll compare notes
Franglaisman   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 06:04pm
michaelb wrote ...

I'm not asking you to measure your car to try and prove to you that you should be unhappy with it. If you say you are happy with the levels then I'm sure you are. I'm just curious how there can be this discrepancy of experience. It's not just my own impression, I've had several passengers telling me my previous car was much quieter, I've mentioned the experience of having to raise our voices quite considerably at modest Autoroute speeds, I then went and measured it to get an empirical measurement and that told me it is indeed loud.

I would like to know if other C6s are giving different levels. I can't comment on your car, only mine. That's why I'm curious to hear some more empirical measurements. If there is a measurable difference I will take it up with Citroën.

I'm driving from the Alps to Touraine in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll pop by Limousin and we'll compare notes

Hi Michael,

You're most welcome to drop in if you're passing . . . the kettle's always on.

Reading other threads here, it appears there are some discrepancies . . . it would appear I'm not alone in thinking that any 'road noise' is uncomfortable or excessive - Dave (earlier in this thread) also reckons his car is fine.

urb   
Mon Apr 05 2010, 07:24pm
Member No: #26
Absolutely no shouting going on in my Car. This i the quietest car I ever traveled in.
Ok, never tried a Rolls-Royce, but top of the line bmw's and audi's . Not sure if all C6 have
laminated windows, mine has. Here in Sveden most of the roads has stones mixed in the
tarmac and know as noisy, but I thing the Michelin's handles
them well. But on smooth tarmac I can get a annoying whining sound,

I also have a habit to reinitialize the window from time to time, for example, when
sitting in a the traffic queue.Read on German forum that one guy got the best result
when he put a towel on top of the window before doing the reinitialize.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club