Compact Disk Changer in boot not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bdeithrick   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 04:30pm
Member No: #70
Hi all
my Compact Disk Changer in the boot wont eject its cartridge to load some cds into it.

im i doing something wrong or not doing something right. ? all i have done i press the eject button behind the slid door ?

pls help because the new Iron Madian and Airbourne cds are coming out.
verycleverman   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 05:14pm
Member No: #65
bdeithrick wrote ...

pls help because the new Iron Madian and Airbourne cds are coming out.

Think of an infant being spoon fed. If he objects strongly to the food you are trying to feed him, he will clamp his mouth shut. Maybe you should rethink your choice of CDs.

Pete.
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 06:58pm

Member No: #1
Never had a boot mounted one but the arm rest one on the C4 used to be a bit touchy at times, especially in cold weather

It used to sort itself out when it warmed up though.
Website
bdeithrick   
Sat Mar 20 2010, 09:50pm
no luck here then , A mind of info. for a verycleverman i did not get a chance to into the car to good rock. maybe some French ballets might do
Dave Mc   
Sun Mar 21 2010, 10:51am
Member No: #64
I haven't had a problem with the unit in the C6 but have in the past with XMs. I found that if I gently pushed in the cartidge while pressing the eject button it normally worked. If it is really stuck you will have to take the unit out and use the emergency eject hole. I have used a straightened paper clip to do this.

Hope these tips help.

Dave
Dave Mc   
Sun Mar 21 2010, 10:53am
Member No: #64
Just remembered, cycling through the discs before ejecting the cartridge also works
bdeithrick   
Sun Mar 21 2010, 01:38pm
wow must try these tips ,, thanks
tonyrome   
Sun Mar 21 2010, 09:20pm
Member No: #15
bdeithrick wrote ...
pls help because the new Iron Madian cds are coming out.

Mine is full of Mozart & Beethoven symphonies . Somehow, Iron Maiden in a C6 seems all wrong, almost as though you've got into the wrong car - "excuse me, Sir, your Focus RS is over there".
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 21 2010, 11:08pm

Member No: #1
I have everything from AC DC to ZZ Top on my iPod in the car interspersed with things like Paul Weller, Beautiful South, Bob Dylan, Dean Martin, Toy Dolls, Motorhead plus too many others to list, a very eclectic mix on random play which can give some interesting sessions
Website
verycleverman   
Mon Mar 22 2010, 01:43am
Member No: #65
tonyrome wrote ...

[Mine is full of Mozart & Beethoven symphonies . Somehow, Iron Maiden in a C6 seems all wrong, almost as though you've got into the wrong car - "excuse me, Sir, your Focus RS is over there".

Just the point I was trying to make - though I lean towards The Moody Blues and The Phantom Of The Opera.

Pete.
gmerry   
Mon Mar 22 2010, 07:32pm
Member No: #21
Off on a tangent. I loaded the young one's Glee Album onto the Juke Box. 17 tracks took a long 15 minutes to copy. On later playback, 6 tracks present (not 1-6 either). All the rest are gone or hiding!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club