iPlayer for Citroën?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
michaelb   
Wed Mar 17 2010, 01:49pm
Member No: #14
Anyone heard of it?

I had a call recently from the salesman who sold me the C6 calling to check that I was happy with the car. I told him that in general I was but I was disappointed in the radio and lack of Bluetooth support. He said I should get the new iPlayer box, just released, £200, and it fits to the back of the radio. It was a terrible phone line meaning I couldn't continue the conversation so I didn't get any further details.

No mention of it on Citroën's site and it's impossible to search for because of the millions of references to BBC's iPlayer.

I'll be seeing the dealer again on Monday. I'll ask then.
tonyrome   
Wed Mar 17 2010, 02:15pm
Member No: #15
michaelb wrote ...
Anyone heard of it?

Never heard of it but let me know if you find out more.
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 17 2010, 03:47pm

Member No: #1
Is that an upgraded version of the USB Box?

Edit: appears not, the DS3 with MyWay has an option for USB and Bluetooth

I'm speaking to someone in the morning and will hopefully get clarification
Website
C6Dave   
Fri Mar 19 2010, 07:46pm

Well after speaking to a Technician he said that the new C3 and DS3 come with a USB Hands Free Phone option and he gave me the part number 6574 RL which is 32 in the diagram

That is described as: 1 JACK SOCKET + USB AND WITH HANDS-FREE TELEPHONE KIT AND PART TO BE CONFIGURED in the full document: - Click Here -

I have a feeling that the salesman was not quite up to speed but if anyone finds anything more out, feel free to post it.
Website
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 28 2010, 01:43pm

OK had some more info over at C4owners and Citroen are offering an IO Player kit

Had a Google and found this for the C6: - Click Here -

It will add Bluetooth capabiity but only to the RD4 system - as far as I can tell it's not compatible with 'Multimedia' systems which I thing will rule out Navidrive on the Exclusives and Lignages with the optional system fitted.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club