C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Mis information - Citroen Waranty

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mark28   
Sat Mar 31 2012, 09:36am
Member No: #102
I have just purchased another year of Citroen Warranty. It would appear that I have been given the wrong information. Extended cover will still be offered on the C6. However the contract to offer this has been given to a new 3rd party .

The lady I spoke to did not know who, she also told me that Citroen had only agreed to let them honour cover on all people they had written to, in the last week. Therefore if you did call in March, they would have told you that they could not offer the cover after today.

They are now able to honour all letters that have gone out, even if your cover expires in April (like mine) Sorry if I caused a panic .
smorphet   
Thu Apr 19 2012, 09:30pm
Member No: #88
There does seem to have been confusion all round, perhaps as a result of extended warranty provision having just moved to a new company (Car Care Plan). My 3 year warranty is due to run out on Monday, but I haven't yet been invited to extend it. So I asked my dealer, who didn't know, and had to do some research. But it turns out that Citroen extended warranties for the C6 definitely are still available, as I've just bought one.

For cars less than three years old and fewer than 60000 miles, we can buy online at the Citroen UK website - Click Here -, under the 'Owner Services' tab. Apparently this facility only went live on Monday, and may have had some teething problems, as I've only just managed to get it to take my money. But, £300 for a year, and a fairly reasonable looking list of exclusions, seems OK to me.

Steve.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club