Author Post
321dave   
Tue Oct 13 2015, 10:01pm
Member No: #614
Apologies Dave, I should of posted this in the correct thread,
e3steve   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 07:28am
Member No: #1163
Don't know what's been going on, but the server has suddenly decided to rotate my images 90deg c/w!
321dave   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 08:08am
e3steve wrote ...

Don't know what's been going on, but the server has suddenly decided to rotate my images 90deg c/w!

Hi Steve, I purchased the same water pump you got! on way as we speak. Very good price as well. Many thanks for the link to the page. Is the impeller metal or plastic?
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 10:28am

Member No: #1
e3steve wrote ...

Which ones??
Website
e3steve   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 01:43pm
Admin Dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

Which ones??

All in this topic since Monday 12th @ 09:54, Dave. They were fine for a day when I uploaded them, but now they're all (except the last one -- the cam belt over the backrest of the sun lounger) +90deg...
e3steve   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 01:46pm
321dave wrote ...

Hi Steve, I purchased the same water pump you got! on way as we speak. Very good price as well. Many thanks for the link to the page. Is the impeller metal or plastic?

No problem, Dave.

'Tis plated metal and looks pretty identical to the original (which seems fine, incidentally).
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 04:00pm

Member No: #1
e3steve wrote ...

All in this topic since Monday 12th @ 09:54, Dave. They were fine for a day when I uploaded them, but now they're all (except the last one -- the cam belt over the backrest of the sun lounger) +90deg...

Well they all display fine for me so it's something in your browser?
Website
e3steve   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 08:37pm
Admin Dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

OK, thank you Dave. I've not used my laptop for a couple of days, so they may be correct on Chrome, IE & Edge. Both my pieces of iStuff, using Safari, seem to be the offenders then.
e3steve   
Thu Oct 15 2015, 09:13pm
321dave wrote ...

.....I'm thinking of changing the coolant outlet tank as well. In fact there's two coolant areas 1. The coolant inlet tank I think beside the water pump no4 in the diagram below and 2. The outlet tank right is just inside the timing belt area. I think you had to fit both tanks new recently? But I'm losing a small amount of coolant somewhere in the system at the moment? Haven't found any obvious leaks, so I'm wondering could one of these two areas be a possible cause. Of course it could also be a pipe connection somewhere as well.

Dave, when you're doing the cam belt you may as well replace the outlet tank as it will be more or less fully exposed. It was the first panty-poop my C6 bestowed upon me, a couple of years back, and can be fatal if it pukes the coolant (for which it has a serious propensity!). It was about £130 here in England, before discount, and comes with the new O-rings attached and thermostat installed, ready to go.

The inlet tank is a sod of a job, but do-able from under the car and is slightly more accessible with all the other guff gone that you have to remove to do the cam belt. A head torch is pretty essential.
  • You need to unclip the hose that runs along the transverse member, aft of the a/c compressor, from its supports; remove said supports from the member.
  • Disconnect the two connectors at the compressor and remove the compressor bolts (2).
  • Swing the compressor out of the way, towards the r/h wheel arch, and secure it (or it swings back and cracks you on the head!).
  • Remove the two bolts securing the alternator and lower it on its cables* -- disconnect it.
  • Before refitting each of the above, run the bolts back in place a couple of turns and tap the heads with a hammer two or three times -- this drifts the sleeve nuts out of the casings a millimetre or so, ready for refitting**

The SoB-inlet-feckin-tank is up there. Somewhere. Lurking... Be ready to wear plenty of residual coolant!

*Before removing the alt, be sure to disconnect the battery neg terminal.

**Refitting the alt and compressor is a right faff. They're heavy units. If the sleeve nuts are left 'as-is' when removed then refitting trouble is compounded in trying to get them lined up with their mounting points. Be sure to fully tighten the bolts upon refitting in order to pull the sleeve nuts back into the casings and tight up to the mountings.

TIP:
  • Open the doors then snick each one shut onto just the first safety latch -- this ensures that each door glass remains in the partially-lowered position, thus preventing tears-before-bedtime if you forget and close a door with the glass fully 'up'.
  • With the boot open, use a screwdriver or 6mm drill bit to close the latch in the boot lid -- once the battery is dis'd the lid will now not allow itself to be accidentally latched shut!
321dave   
Fri Oct 16 2015, 09:12am
Brilliant postings Steve! I think I'm ready now! No parts arrived yet, so hopefully this morning they will arrive. I'm going to get the two coolant tanks as well and put the car of the road for 3days. I'll do as much as I can in that time. I might have a few questions later, I'll get the outlet tanks from The citroen dealer and try get a bit more discount. It's usually 40% cheaper from France. Thanks Steve.
e3steve   
Sat Oct 17 2015, 07:31am
Admin Dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

Just kicked my laptop in the guts for the first time since Tuesday; Dave, you're quite right: all the images view normally. My iSh1t obviously has a mind of its own...

I actually love my iStuff, believe it or not, but Apple is the Betamax of the IT world (this from the man who signed up to the Grundig/Philips idea of the Video Compact Cassette V2000 system in the early eighties - Click Here - ! !).

"Different is everything"...
e3steve   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 10:25am
321dave wrote ...

Brilliant postings Steve! I think I'm ready now! No parts arrived yet, so hopefully this morning they will arrive. I'm going to get the two coolant tanks as well and put the car of the road for 3days. I'll do as much as I can in that time. I might have a few questions later, I'll get the outlet tanks from The citroen dealer and try get a bit more discount. It's usually 40% cheaper from France. Thanks Steve.

I misquoted the cost of the coolant outlet tank (thermostat housing, really!); I was looking for some photos in one of my early posts' topics and came across what I was looking for - Click Here -

The 'tank' was £59, complete. I spent about £130 in total on bits & bobs for the jobs, as I broke a few brittle parts in the execution!
321dave   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 10:13pm
e3steve wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

I misquoted the cost of the coolant outlet tank (thermostat housing, really!); I was looking for some photos in one of my early posts' topics and came across what I was looking for - Click Here -

The 'tank' was £59, complete. I spent about £130 in total on bits & bobs for the jobs, as I broke a few brittle parts in the execution!

Hi Steve, I was getting €70 or so from France and €40 for the other tank yesterday, I'm waiting still for the other quote from my local Citroen garage, but it's sure to be more. Belts and pulleys kit cost me €130 same as yours but different supplier, MisterAuto. That should be along tomorrow I'd imagine. Water pump looks fine, and comes with the seal as well. When you say you broke some brittle parts your referring to the little vacuum breather pipes? Thanks Steve.

e3steve   
Mon Oct 19 2015, 07:37am
Yes Dave, they were a bit of a problem, but the real heartbreaker was the fuel return pipe ass'y which traverses the 'tank', coming from both banks' injectors and clips into the throttle butterfly Y-split. Please study my post - Click Here -
e3steve   
Mon Oct 19 2015, 09:21pm
321dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

Hi Steve, I was getting €70 or so from France and €40 for the other tank yesterday, I'm waiting still for the other quote from my local Citroen garage, but it's sure to be more. Belts and pulleys kit cost me €130 same as yours but different supplier, MisterAuto. That should be along tomorrow I'd imagine. Water pump looks fine, and comes with the seal as well. When you say you broke some brittle parts your referring to the little vacuum breather pipes? Thanks Steve.
Dave, I hope this little tutorial will be of some help with your task: - Click Here -
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club