C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Depollution system faulty, cannot clear errors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Krtcho   
Sun Oct 01 2017, 09:05pm
Member No: #2620
Have for some time engine problem light lit and every time I start the engine there is annoying message on the screen "Depollution system faulty". The motor perfoms well, does not lose power, cruise control works. The errors I have read are P0407, P0405, P2033, P1351, P1462)
I have installed Diagbox on my win XP and at first I succeded to clear the faults in the SID201, but now when I finally have replaced the rear EGR valve with original VALEO, I have more faults than before (additional P1963, U2000, U1218). The engine runs smoother than before, but I cannot clear the faults ?! Diagbox just puts the message "Condition unsatisfactory". I have disconnected the battery for a 5 min. but it didn't help.

Any clue how to preoceed?
Krtcho   
Sun Oct 01 2017, 09:30pm
The fault reading & error message cannot attach to the post
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 11:48am

Member No: #1
Go to: - Click Here -
Website
Krtcho   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 12:21pm
Thanks Dave for that link. I've been there and I understand what each code stands for. But the question was what does it mean "Condition unsatisfactory"? I have installed new VDO rear EGR so it is brand new! Why can't I just erase all faults and see if some of theam also dissapear because some of them for sure are interconnected? If the replacement of the rear EGR makes no difference, than the conclusion would be that the old one is also OK? What fault do start with then?
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 01:41pm

Member No: #1
Does the car start and drive?
Website
Krtcho   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 04:26pm
The car starts and drives even better than before replacing rear EGR. But the engine problem indicator is still lit and DIAGBOX shows more faults than before.
MGmike   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 06:05pm
Member No: #3151
If it's running better it would suggest the new valve has helped.
I would start with another BSI reset to see if the new errors clear. Then see if the others can be cleared. After that you start looking at them individually but if the EGR valve has been faulty for a while it could have caused damage to the lambda senor, although most unlikely....
gmerry   
Mon Oct 02 2017, 06:35pm
Member No: #21
I would check that the new EGR valves are correctly connected (electrically) and operating correctly. Do this via the Lexia/Diagbox actuator test. You will hear a loud clack clack clack... if they are OK.

Then start with a Global scan, check all the ECUs and note all the faults. Don't just rely on P and U numbers, the descriptions in Lexia/Diagbox are generally more accurate.

Do a global fault clear (this is not the same as a BSI fault clear), then give the car a run and see which faults return. This will pinpoint which sensors or actuators are causing the errors.

Best of luck

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club