Amplifier?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rich   
Sat Sep 24 2011, 05:49pm
Member No: #542
Hi all
Does the C6 have an amplifier to power those JBL speakers? I am about to fit a Parrot MKi9200 and i was asked whether I had an amplifier or not and i don't know.

Cheers
Rich
Ringtone   
Sat Sep 24 2011, 06:29pm
Member No: #285
I believe the exclusive does if it has the JBL and you need an adaptor with the reference PD000109AA which I think are about 60 quid.

I have one myself that I was going to fit but need to get the PD000109AA too
Rich   
Mon Sep 26 2011, 01:03pm
yes, the mobile engineer that i have arranged to fit the Parrot just called and confirmed what you said. He quoted £70 for the right lead which he then confirmed would make the sound come out all of the speakers and not just the front (which I have heard problems with). More expensive then i hoped, but once fitted, will be an awesome bit of kit and will hopefully solve the issue of the quiet AUX input by using the Parrot instead for audio. Will report back once fitted.
Ped   
Mon Sep 26 2011, 05:12pm
Member No: #82
Where are you putting the little screen and offadoofa?
MattHwk   
Mon Sep 26 2011, 09:47pm
Member No: #246
My fitter could not get the 9200 to work via the amp so had to bypass. He tried 3 different kits off the shelf, then made his own. Works fine for the phone, but iPod is useless. Interested to see how you get on.
Rich   
Mon Sep 26 2011, 10:43pm
Ped wrote ...

Where are you putting the little screen and offadoofa?

Not sure yet! I would like the screen somewhere that doesn't ruin the looks of the dash but at eye level. I was thinking to the right of the main screen but still not sure. maybe the offdoofa by the cigarette lighter?

MattHwk wrote ...

My fitter could not get the 9200 to work via the amp so had to bypass. He tried 3 different kits off the shelf, then made his own. Works fine for the phone, but iPod is useless. Interested to see how you get on.

Weird. I hope I don't have the same problem! Not so bothered about the iPod adaptor, as long as the bluetooth and AUX cable works well out of all speakers. Will report back once done!
MattHwk   
Tue Sep 27 2011, 06:47pm
Member No: #246
Good luck. I have the screen to the the screen to the right of the Navidrive screen as you suggest and the remote on the armrest by the wing mirror controls.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club