Recieving text messages

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Ingolf   
Wed Sep 21 2011, 08:14am
Member No: #474
Hi folks!

I`ve experienced a rather irritating behaviour of the in-built telephone system, while recieving text messages. As I have a RT4 on my 2007, I have a twin sim card permanently installed in the car. If I happen to get a text message to my number while driving the car, I`m first able to read it on the display, then it starts bombarding me with every single text message I`ve recieved to my number the last couple of days, until the memory gets full. It`s rather irritating, as I have to wait until the memory is full, before it calms down and I get access to the menu to empty the list. Then it might continue with even more messages.

Has anyone here got the same problem, or might it be related to my network provider maybe?

Ingolf, Oslo
2007 C6 2,7 HDi Exclusive
gmerry   
Wed Sep 21 2011, 08:59am
Member No: #21
No dual sim's available from my UK provider so sorry don't have your problem.

If you were to have a separate sim (number for the carphone), you could control what was forwarded. Sorry probably not a very elegant solution.

Regards
G
Ingolf   
Wed Sep 21 2011, 11:24am
Member No: #474
hehe, of course that could solve the problem, though it`s not very elegant, nor is it practical to have different numbers.

Maybe I should just talk to my phone company to check if there is something I could do, or I`ll just have to live with it.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club