telephone interface puzzle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Mustangviper   
Thu Aug 04 2011, 10:12pm
Member No: #550
Hi guys , If I may pick your brains ;
1) used different SIM cards flashes a message , SIM card poorly inserted or missing
2) Took it to the local dealer , His sim card works like magic , his is a 3G sim card .
3)He ran the diagnostics , say unit is RT5 ----->should have a bluetooth
4)both he and I could not find bluetooth , tried searching with the phone could'nt get .
5)further plan of action , he is going to get the sat nav CD and reload it .

any ideas ?what am I missing here ?
Honda civic type r 2005
BMW 325 i M sport E 90
c6 exclusive gj59 uze , black=tan.
verycleverman   
Fri Aug 05 2011, 12:27am
Member No: #65
Mustangviper wrote ...

Hi guys , If I may pick your brains ;
1) used different SIM cards flashes a message , SIM card poorly inserted or missing
2) Took it to the local dealer , His sim card works like magic , his is a 3G sim card .

Assuming the RT5 is the same as the RT3, 2g and 3g SIM cards should work except for those from '3'. Several members have had this problem so I checked out mine with Vodafone, Tesco Mobile and 3; all work except for 3.

Pete.
rogerandoutman   
Sat Aug 06 2011, 11:20am
Member No: #466
I have invested in a sim for my in car phone from a company calles GiffGaff. I bought a £20 top up and they charge 8p a min. Much cheaper than my Vitin contract or their pay as you go. I down loaded all my contacts from my blackberry sim on to carand them refitted the giffgaff 3G sim. It works as well as the Virgin sim and if you have another calls between then are free. I did try fitting the sim to a samsung phone that I used on thevirgin network and the phone rejected the sim, so there are issues.
Trainman   
Sat Aug 06 2011, 12:11pm

Member No: #86
another thing that I have found works well, is to divert you mobile to the car number after so many rings, this means you don't have to pull over, bear in mind though that depending on your contract, the call diversion could be coming off your inclusive minutes.
verycleverman   
Sat Aug 06 2011, 03:13pm
rogerandoutman wrote ...

I have invested in a sim for my in car phone from a company calles GiffGaff. I bought a £20 top up and they charge 8p a min. Much cheaper than my Vitin contract or their pay as you go. I down loaded all my contacts from my blackberry sim on to carand them refitted the giffgaff 3G sim. It works as well as the Virgin sim and if you have another calls between then are free. I did try fitting the sim to a samsung phone that I used on thevirgin network and the phone rejected the sim, so there are issues.

That's the same rate as my Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go Lite sim. Also, you might find this thread - Click Here - interesting.

Pete.
verycleverman   
Sat Aug 06 2011, 03:16pm
Trainman wrote ...

another thing that I have found works well, is to divert you mobile to the car number after so many rings, this means you don't have to pull over, bear in mind though that depending on your contract, the call diversion could be coming off your inclusive minutes.

This only works if you have a contract phone. As someone who only uses around £10 a year in mobile calls, it's not a lot of use to me.

Pete.
Mustangviper   
Mon Aug 29 2011, 05:30pm
Member No: #550
its only fitting to end the thread that had started - brought myself a lebara sim , slotted the sim into the interface , diverted the call from my o2 i phone - works well .

Conclusion- not all SIM cards are compatible with C 6 irrespective of the software version - cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club