C6 Suspension 'Pitching'

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Sun Jul 03 2011, 06:28am

Member No: #1
You can 'rate' both of them here: - Click Here -

That will help others who are trying to decide who to use.
Website
michaelb   
Sun Jul 03 2011, 09:54am
Member No: #14
Thanks for the update. Now that Colliers are gone probably Citroën West are as convenient for me as the others - I might give them a try for this year's servicing.
Rich   
Wed Aug 03 2011, 08:22am
Member No: #542
I went to my local Citroen garage yesterday in Ferndown and complained about the pitching. I have dealt with this guy before as my girlfriend has a C4 still under warranty and he always tries everything he can to get money out of us despite genuine warranty claims.

Yesterday, he refused to agree the recall was free despite me printing out the recall document then said it would have to be paid for.

I then told him i still had two month of extended warranty on the vehicle as it was bought with 5 years. He then refused to believe it despite me having all the documentation on me. he simply said he had never heard of that warranty before! I feel like complaining to Citroen HQ about him. I'm going to another garage in Bournemouth today to see what they say.
Rich   
Fri Aug 05 2011, 09:26am
Got mine in at Penton's in Tuckton today for this upgrade. Unlike the other awful service at Ferndown, they agreed it was a free recall and were really helpful. I'll report back if I notice any difference in the ride when i pick it up later today.
Rich   
Fri Aug 12 2011, 08:36pm
Finally got the car back from the update and the replacement struts and I have to say....WOW! What an amazing difference. The ride is incredibly smooth now and I can barely feel the road, even driving over drains and pot holes. No more roll or pitching. I am wondering if this pre-update was the cause of the struts wearing? It is now the magic carpet ride Citroen promised with this car. I highly recommend this update if you haven't had yours done.
travlician   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 03:11am
Member No: #350
Anyone interested to start a citroen dealership on Aruba so I can get my update? still looking for a solution...
Ped   
Sun Aug 14 2011, 10:29am
Member No: #82
Interesting. I'm not sure if mine has been 'done' but I haven't noticed any 'pitching'. Perhaps I'll ask when it's next in, out of interest. I'm guessing there's no easy way to tell if it's been done.
Ped   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 09:35am
Just called Slough who are going to 'call me back'

They don't seem to know anything about it, but I have the .pdf to throw their way if they try pulling the wool over my eyes!

I'll let you know what they say

ped
Ped   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:11am
They called back as promised (Slough really are good IME) and I had a chat with the guy.

I haven't experienced any 'pitching' in my car and the ride is lovely, so I was interested merely from a 'keep it up to date' POV.

The chap went to his techs and asked around, it turns out that the latest update was 2007 and mine has it. The update for pitch/roll is apparently older than that and there isn't anything on the systems for any new update, optional or not.

I know some of you will disagree with that, but he said perhaps some of your cars never had the required updated previous to the last one and so felt an improvement?

I'm just going to leave mine well alone I think... I know some of you will say there definitely IS an update, but I'm going to leave it as I'm happy and always say 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it'!

Cheers
ped
michaelb   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 10:13am
Member No: #14
Slough gave me the same answer when the subject was first raised.
mark28   
Fri Aug 19 2011, 08:22pm
Member No: #102
Ped

Mine does not pitch or roll either and I am not sure it has been done. I am with you and I am leaving it alone (57 plate)
Mike H   
Sun Oct 02 2011, 07:12am
Member No: #53
Mine is supposed to be up to date but the rebound damping at the front is very light. As a consequence there is a loud whack when the front suspesion "tops out" at full extension e.g if there is a dip in the road or a speed hump is take too fast.
Mike
cruiserphil   
Tue Jan 24 2012, 03:48pm

Member No: #38
Lads,

Having read this forum on suspension pitching I had noticed that the 06 car appeared to suffer from it whereas the 07 car did not. In fact my wife was driving behind me on the motorway one day and told me that she could clearly see the car rocking gently from front to back.

So finally I booked it in for suspension update in Sur Le Pont last Friday. And I have to say what a difference!! The car feels so much better. Definitely recommend it.

Regards,

Phil C.
Rich   
Thu Jan 26 2012, 03:02pm
Yes, I have commented on this update before. i had mine done in September and it really does make a difference. I always ride in sports mode anyway but there was a noticeable difference there too. It feels more solid.
wiltscub   
Fri May 25 2012, 07:15am
Member No: #886
Hi all, picking up my 2009 (registered) C6 today and will ask about this as I did notice a little wobble when driving it on test last Sunday. Thought that I may not be used to it is all. Where's the best place to check if this has been done?
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club