C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Man's car?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ciao_chao   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 09:33pm
Member No: #518
Do you think that the C6 in particular is a man's car? I don't think I've noticed any women in the group, in the time I've been around - correct me if I'm wrong. Furthermore, on the road I have only seen one piloted by a woman - silver one just outside of Chester. I've seen all the regular German exec boxes (and Jaguar) more regularly frequented by the fairer sex, but it's interesting not the C6. Any thoughts to why this is?
verycleverman   
Mon Aug 15 2011, 10:53pm
Member No: #65
Curiously enough, I've only seen one C6 driven by a woman and that was in Belgium. Having said that, my wife would never drive my Xm Estate, nor would she drive the 2.2 HDi C5 Estate, but once I coaxed her into the 3.0i C5 Estate she fell in love with it. 2½ years down the line, she still won't get behind the wheel of the C6. I suspect the length scares her.

Pete.
cruiserphil   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 07:55am

Member No: #38
Lads,

Well just to make it interesting my wife chose our first C6 (storm grey) and it is "her" car. She drives it everyday. She also loved our XM and never put a mark on it in the 9 years we had it. When she was learning how to drive we had a BX estate. Her friends were telling her it was too big to learn in and she should get a smaller car. But I told her to ignore the advice and stick with the BX and that in time she would never be afraid of larger cars. And so it turned out. So, if you're in Ireland and spot as my friend says "a blondie bird in a C6" it's probably herself.

Regards,

Phil C.
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 08:43am

Member No: #1
My wife was the same as yours Pete, she felt the car to big to drive and park, but then we had the C-crosser for a while and she got used to something bigger and now drives the C6 daily to go babysitting etc.

But she still 'prefers' to be a passenger and I have threatened to buy and wear a chauffeurs cap
Website
michaelb   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:23am
Member No: #14
The first six I ever saw in the flesh (supermarket car park in France) was been driven by a woman. There is one lives nearby me and it is always piloted by a woman - presumably her car.

My missus drives mine quite often - though she preferred driving my previous Alfa 166 bizarrely because she preferred its heavier steering; it felt more solid. There's no accounting for taste. I love the C6's steering.
ciao_chao   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:24pm
Member No: #518
I guess I'm asking in the wrong place! It's more likely for us to be enthusiastic about our C6s here.

Though I'm quite confident to discount size as a major turn off, as I've seen men equally been daunted by the size of a car, and women who comfortably drive cars that are wider, longer, taller and heavier.
Trainman   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:43pm

Member No: #86
There's female school teacher in Ainsdale nr Southport who drives one, or at least did, it was 18 months ago that I spoke to her as we were both collecting our cars at the same time from my local dealers after having had some work done.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club