C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from the Midlands

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
DaveB   
Wed Feb 24 2010, 09:02pm
Member No: #17
Tyre update one week on - they started out much better than the Michelins that were on the car and have, if anything, actually got better in terms of noise and smoothness. On some surfaces there is now virtually no real tyre noise while on some of the worst surfaces there is still some but it is considerably reduced. Not noticed any difference in grip but the weather has not really been right to explore this fully.

What I would say is that my comments are comparing new ZE912's to the Michelin's which were clearly not at their best. To be absolutely objective/fair I'd need to compare with new Michelin's which is not likely to happen.

But - So far I have absoultely no complaints about the Falkens performance let alone the price benefit.

Apparently it will be some weeks before I hear back about the claim but I'll post the reply when it comes through.
aspire2b   
Wed Feb 24 2010, 10:02pm
Good evening everyone. I happened upon this site tonight and after a lot of reading am very impressed with the layout, ease of use and knowledge of the C6 owners. I am a C6 owner, having bought my exclusive two months ago in Birmingham. The car is very impressive and drives superbly. It has all the gadgets and sets itself aside from all other cars by being different, which is why I bought mine. Great site, hope to learn a lot here.
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 24 2010, 10:59pm

Member No: #1
aspire2b wrote ...

Good evening everyone. I happened upon this site tonight and after a lot of reading am very impressed with the layout, ease of use and knowledge of the C6 owners. I am a C6 owner, having bought my exclusive two months ago in Birmingham. The car is very impressive and drives superbly. It has all the gadgets and sets itself aside from all other cars by being different, which is why I bought mine. Great site, hope to learn a lot here.

Nice to have another C6 owner on site (just upgraded the account so you can see a bit more )
Website
DaveB   
Wed Apr 14 2010, 08:22pm
Member No: #17
As promised - Just an update on the Falken ZE912's tyres and tyre claim from Michelin.

No real change of character in the tyres from when they were fitted and have now done a couple of thousand miles on them - so all good.

The Michelin claim settlement arrived nearly 8 weeks to the day from when it was sent in, which is what I was told to expect. They offered effectively 50% off the price of a new set of tyres - they don't have to be Michelin.

I sent in all four tyres and each was treated individually with its own claim reference. Each tyre was assessed individually and a differeing ammount was offered for each tyre varying from 65% to 30% - this coincidently averaged out at exactly 50%.

So the advice is if you have a similar tyre aging problem to mine go to a reputable tyre fitment source and get them checked over. I spoke to three different garages before starting the ball rolling and they all seem familiar with the claim procedure.
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 17 2010, 09:46am

Member No: #1
Any more information on the tyre claim procedure, where you get the form from, how to send the tyres and where etc.? so we can add it here: - Click Here -
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club