Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

New - C6 Fault finding guides and error codes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 07 2011, 07:35pm

Member No: #1
I have spent a few days compiling some things I hope will be useful

1. Fault Finding Guides: - Click Here -

2. Error Codes (specific to the C6) - Click Here -

For now I have compiled a page of ALL the codes here: - Click Here - that is now searchable and has over 3,000 entries on it.

Simply put your code into the 'Search C6owners' box which takes you to the page with the code answer highlighted in RED

Plus I have 500+ actual error code description docs with where to look for the problems outlined, which are all available and searchable by error code - Click Here -
Website
travlician   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 02:59am
Member No: #350
A pity no fault finding guide is present for the engines and suspension...
Anyway, you got a good PHP coder (and designer if need be) in the member base... Mail me specs of what's needed and I'll have a look at it.
C6Dave   
Fri Jul 08 2011, 07:43am

OK managed to get it working and have updated the links in the first post.

Now to sort out the error code fact sheets.

@travilican, not everything is covered I'm afraid, but once the fact sheets are loaded then there are some engine and suspension ones amongst them
Website
C6Dave   
Fri Jul 15 2011, 04:15pm

Good news..... If you go to: - Click Here - where the error codes are all listed. At the top of the page, For registered members' there is a search facility.

Input your code, which is no more than 5 digits and press search. If a related document is available, you will get a link to it as follows:

1325 CLICK To Get The File

Click that and it will download a .pdf file to your desktop which can be opened with Acrobat reader 9X or higher and printed off.
Website
Donzo24   
Fri May 30 2014, 06:26pm
Member No: #1297
As a bit of a mechanical dummy, my C6 is showing an Engine Management fault - Anti Pollution System Faulty. This fault appears every now and again, then vanishes after a few days. Can anyone give me an indication as to whether this is serious, and or how easy/difficult it is to fix ?

The garage I use is a fair way from me, so ideally I could do with a local garage to fix it, if it is straight forward!!

Any help gratefully received!! She obviously realises that I am just about to put her up for sale !

C6Dave   
Sat May 31 2014, 06:31am

What mileage?

Could be the Eolys is empty so the DPF is not regenerating properly or a lot of other things.

You need to get the onboard error log read via the OBII port.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club